• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1989 Jeep Comanche w/extras

Ok, So I have come to the realization that I need 1 project truck and one daily driver, not 2 project trucks, especially as I have a few TDY's coming my way soon and a PCS move. I also need a good truck soon to commute with, so the comanche gets to go.

1989 Jeep Comanche
2.5l/4spd man/2wd
full gauges
shortbed
bench seat
vynal floor
cd player, newish pioneer with ipod control and usb out. have a sub to throw in as well
pw/pdl that I installed, they work but need to be finished, never got around to setting the switches up like I wanted them.
90% of a custom bed cover, been glassed but not painted.
manual steering but will come with a ps gear box for the conversion I never got around to.
bedliner in pictures is gone
installed cab lights that work
windows are tinted at 20% but it was not a perfect job (damn wind)
needs a water pump now. I will be changing it out very soon if the weather cooperates. or I can take a price hit as is.
good battery
I have a few sets of coils to throw in from when I was planning on dropping it. As well as a 9" that is the right width that has been cleaned, primed and de-perched. 3rd member was disassembled and painted as well. Have painted WJ LCA's modified to fit as well. This was going to be a drag project...

Paint is in Ok condition. The clear is chipping off the front. Only a few small dings. Rockers and bedsides are clean and rust free. There are a couple spots underneath where the floors have a spot or two that will need to be patched, but I can't tell from inside with the flooring still in.

It ran and drove great up until the water pump failed on me a few weeks ago, and I have not had a free day to fix it. It still starts and runs fine the few times I have had to move it over the last 2 weeks. Will get pictures of the bed cover, axle, steering box, and springs soon.

$1500 OBO

PICTURES: Clickable thumbnails
Window switch controller, plenty of wire left to put them in the dash or in the console

outside

pretty good example of underbody condition

current wheels

clean dash with nice pioneer radio

full gauges

20% tint, looks pretty good

Last edited:
Amazing, working cab lights

Interior shots

2.5L 4Cyl, actually a pretty strong motor for the truck, never had any problems with it. Needs a WP currently.

Someone could use a pretty clean MJ I am sure. asking $1500 to start with given the extras and such, this also assumes that I fix the WP. Will try to get a few pictures of the bed cover I made. Basically it is a low profile design that covers the bed rails and sits down into the bed. Looked good when I test fit it, only rises 1/2" out of the bed.

PM or email is fine, dlbrandoATgmailDOTcom

Last edited:
Nice looking MJ. Wish it was 4x4 and I had the money. =D What's up with the mirrors exactly?

It only came with one. Started life as a base model truck before I started adding stuff. But it was base model with AC, which I always though was weird.

Yea, I am gonna miss it. But I am looking into some of the deals on Silverados and F-150s that they are giving away at the end of the year. Need a tow vehicle for the cherokee.

shameless self bump

I have been looking for one of these lil trucks. I need to sell my extra car that I have to buy this. I hope you have it in a week or so.

Back