• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Paradigm SHIFT Crawl Box by Froehlich Suspension Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrider2911

NAXJA Forum User
Froehlich Suspension Technology is proud to present our first product in our new Paradigm SHIFT product line. There has been lots of discussion on our 231 doubler and it is finally here.

Our crawl box kit comes with a profiled adapter plate and clocking ring with double offset holes to allow clocking every 7.5 degrees for 360 degrees, all machined from 1/2" 6160 aluminum. You will recieve a new main shaft machined out of chromoly 4340 specifically fit for your setup. (ie 231/j231, 231/c231, or 231/D300.) Also included is the profiled weld in block off plate machined from 3/4" 6160 aluminum, as well as all needed hardware to bolt the setup together.

What is NOT INCLUDED in the kit: The front half 231 complete with planetary gear set, shifter hub, and shifter fork. You will also need to work out a shifter linkage, mounting, and a crossmember. (We plan on adding some of these components to our product line in the future.)

Many things set our kits above the rest. Our adapter plate is cnc machined to perfectly match the outside profile of the 231 to allow more clearance for shift linkages and other obstacles. Clocking every 7.5 degrees gives even more options to tuck the setup between the frame rails for better ground clearance. The main shaft is machined specifically for your setup to provide 100% spline and bearing surface fitment. No "one size fits all" shaft here. Lastly, the weld in plate is already profiled for you and ready to weld in. No need to spend hours on the grinder to get it to fit perfectly. Not to mention we are NAXJA member, and sponsor.

Now on to the part you guys are all probably skipping to. We did a quick mock up with a D300 to get you guys some pictures.

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

Sorry guys... It looks like I was so busy remembering to include all the important details that I forgot the most important one! Price!

We also beat other companies here with our competitive price of only 450 with a flate rate shipping charge of 10 dollars anywhere in the continental US.

A side note needed to be mentioned for the ones interested in running the 231/D300 kit. I haven't seen where any other manufacturer discloses this which kind of surprises me. When running the D300 your clocking is limited (in a way). Depending on your shifter setup coming out the front of the D300 you will most likely have to have the front case clocked 100-260 degrees opposite the second case. (shown in picture) In a jeep cherokee with STANDARD drivetrain and running gear this means you will have to set the first case up as if it was passenger drop and the second case drivers drop. You could go about this multiple ways. 1. Purchase a seperate clocking ring for between the trans and 1st case. 2. Drill out one hole in the trans to accomodate the single offset stud on the t case. 3. Remove the single offset stud out of the t case and run it. The 3rd option isn't so much advised by Froehlich Suspension Tech but I have seen and heard of multiple people running it.

Last edited:
Also right now I have a couple 231/300 main shafts and adapters in stock ready to ship. I have more material on order to machine more shafts which is probably about a week out. Feel free to ask any more questions.

So how much for an extra main shaft? If I were to build it for a 231 now, and later decide to change to a D300. I realize do it right the first time, but D300 aren't a dime a dozen like 231s, plus you have the flip kit cost.

thanks
bz

Honestly I haven't thought about just the price for the shaft. Probably somewhere around 225. I'm sure if the shaft was still in perfect condition we could swap it out later for a 40 dollar charge and you cover shipping. Then I could just sell that shaft in a discounted kit as used...

Yea you could turn them into an "site glass" if you would like. They are just standard 1/2 pipe threads.

Any plans to make an updated skid section for you link crossmembers that would be designed to hold this guy???

Yep. :) Should be coming out in about 2-3 months along with a rear link setup.

uh oh.... rear links... Im locked now, long armed... now i just need shocks and rear coils :):)

Most customers choose to build their own mechanical linkage setup, which i will also be offering soon. For those that want to spend the extra money on a cable linkage I would check northwest fab out. http://northwestfab.com/Shifters.html

any pics of the setup underneath a rig???

I really want to know the full shpeel on what is necessary in this.... I'm craving a twin stick setup, and a super low... but a rock trac would be so simple!

What exactly are you wanting to know Brian? I guess the main things I havent covered is when flipping the dana 300 if you want to use an expensive kit like DEO or fabricate your own kit like this guy http://forums.hrja.org/showthread.php?12850-home-made-dana-300-flip to run the shifters on top; or leave them on bottom and use a cable shifter setup like I linked to earlier. Clocking the front case opposite for the D300 is another task that I explained a little earlier. The other detail would be creating a crossmember. When I make mine I plan on bolting to 3 of the case bolts on the back of the rear case then running DOM out to the unirails where there will be poly bushings to absorb in vibration.

Im not quite sure want info you want. Ask any specific questions and I will definitely help you out.

After doing a bunch of looking around I actually see there aren't very many D300 flip kits. The ones I find are ridiculously expensive, leave the top of the case bulky making it even harder to tuck against the floor board, and run mechanical shifters that dont appear to work in our XJs. Who would be interested in a FST D300 flip and shift kit?

It gets chopped like the d&d kit or else you would have to find a way to plug the original front output hole and would also have to flip the front case over to even clear room for running a 2nd 231.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back