• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Went into the clerk and recorders office yesterday between runs to salt lake to get plates for the Jeep I had added the Jeep to my esurance policy on my cell bit had no time to obtain a hard copy of a policy. I figured it would be easy to have it sent to the clerk and recorders office either by email/ pdf or a fax ...lol... well the two women that work in that office are kind of less than happy to answer questions they have notes stuck everywhere by tape , which most people including myself don't walk in and start looking for instructions taped to various places ...lol...we just ask the person we see sitting there being paid to perform that service duty the question . The attitude was hostile from The moment I asked if I could have the documents sent there and if so what method email or fax. I was told you can fax it and there's a phone right there in a snotty tone ...lol...well I called esurance and with the rep on the phone I simply asked the clerk what their fax number was and the response was in a super irritated tone " it's right there I front of you over there" well I did not see a number after looking so I reluctantly asked the clerk due to the attitude her reply was same as the first and in a irritated hostile tone , So I said " I just asked a question you don't need to reply in such a prick-ish tone"...lol she comes unglued gets up and is on the defensive and demands an apolgy for my "rudeness" I said I'm sorry if I misread you and that hostile tone is just how normally interact with others , and that really pissed her off and she continued to ask for an apology and I said I'm a customer coming into pay for county plates I don't need to be greeted with an irritated hostile tone from the clerk for a reasonable question asked in a polite fashion. And if anyone is owed apology it is you to I ...lol... she sits down and says maybe you would like to go to fairplay to get your plates . I then continue to look for the fax number and ask one more time what the number was ...lol...and she stands up and says " I need to remove myself from this " and storms out...lol...after she left I looked under the phone base and spotted a small number taped to the counter marked "fax"... she sits 3ft from this counter and could not point this out or just recite it ? The entire time the esurance agent is on the phone a d can hear her every word and laughed at her and said she has nerve asking for an apology she was hostile , argumentative, and sounded irritated just at being asked a basic question. ...lol...the other clerk did not realize the esurance agent was hearing this entire feud, and became irritated when I said she heard the same attitude I did . So shortly after a fax rolls In and keep 2 is handling my tags and clerk 1 comes back in the front door making noises and moving stuff around to make noise to illustrate her frustration with me It also appeared she was attempting to bait me into responding with these actions but I ignored her ...lol...shortly after a state patrol officer comes in and looks around talks to her looks at me and follows out behind me as I left with my plates...lol...nothing like a tax payer paid county clerk in a public service roll who us so eager to help the customer.. .LOL

The Bailey office has become terrible in the past few years. Almost as bad as Boulder County. Its worth the drive to Fairplay, they are still friendly there.

The Bailey office has become terrible in the past few years. Almost as bad as Boulder County. Its worth the drive to Fairplay, they are still friendly there.

It's ok as long as you don't ask any questions . The one woman has painted on eyebrows...lol... The way they looked when she came out from behind her desk pissed was a Kodak moment .

Sorry, yes. Tomken

I ordered them through 4 Wheel Parts, so free shipping.

The last two things I ordered from them I ended up canceling because the kept pushing out the ship date.

Ordered some brackets from foothill off-road out of California. Off ebay..lol...I placed the order Monday the items are now out for delivery. That's how long things take when you don't take 4 days to actually ship it out the door .

Ugh. My rear leafs are clapped out. A pretty pronounced s shape. So thinking about ordering some new springs, I decided to see if the front spring eye bolts would come out. bolt 1 comes out about a 1/8" then snapped off in the sleeve. Bolt 2 moved a little and now the nut inside is spinning. So test run on the shackles. They're relocated but the upper on the passenger side snapped off in the sleeve. So that sucks too. Got both the lower bolts out at least and I guess I'll just assume the last shackle bolt will fight me too. So that's cool.

Had to replace the mig gun I stepped on which I had been waiting to replace with a flexible swan neck since I forgot last time and bought a regular neck gun...I still fugged up as I did not see it offered In a 15ft until after I bought the 12ft which at least still beats the 10ft I
I had .

Was going to live with red and black mixed color struts but shells are only $64.60 So going to send the rears in to update to newest seals and swap on Black shells .

I have bridge and some swamp land I am running special on, LOL.:D

Was going to live with red and black mixed color struts but shells are only $64.60 So going to send the rears in to update to newest seals and swap on Black shells .

My last mounting solution to the lack of frame clearance the Artec towers provide with longer than 12-14 shocks was to move the lower mounts out and over the knuckle this appeared to work well as it created enough frame rail room and a wide stable stance with same lift as on coils it have a out 4 inches up travel ...lol...then comes the aspect I did not consider...being able to remove the knuckle ...lol... had a few hours today so I decided to see what works...lol...nothing I planned for the stock beefed up knuckles ... there is enough room to just work but only if using bolts not studs the reason is there is not enough room lift the steering arm over the king pin cap and the studs but you can wiggle it out if you can remove the bolts ...so the built Stockers are being retired for Solid knuckles since they use a keyway and grade 8 bolts this fits what I have room for and is still strong ... I'm about ready to set this Jeep on fire .

Ended up with Crane knuckles and arms ... parts won't be here until next week , so I can't finish the front until then since I'm not sure how the new knuckles will fit with my lower strut mounts ...lol... don't wanna finish weld it all up and end up cutting it all off if the knuckles don't clearance the lower strut mounts . I also need two new yellow tops since my new ones were in the stolen Jeep .

I'm a vindictive, obsessive compulsive, person with patience and that brings me to these Two words...lol... BAIT CAR ;-)

Last edited:

What's more stolen XJ or ZJ ...stock or modified? I'M looking at 3 vehicles Two xj both 99s in good shape stock and one ZJ 98 mildly modded nothing huge . What is the better worm ...??? Lol

XJ's are easier to get in to, more common target. I always thought a ZJ was a much better mild DD rig.

It is and I was also looking at a wj , but I need what the people want . I'm unsure if charges for theft is dictated by a minimal value of vehicle or if theft is theft .

Aggravated motor vehicle theft in the first degree can be a Colorado class 3 felony, Colorado class 4 felony or Colorado class 5 felony depending on:

The value of the motor vehicle, and
Whether you have two or more prior convictions for motor vehicle theft.
Assuming you have fewer than two prior convictions, the maximum punishment for aggravated motor vehicle theft is based on the value of the vehicle as follows:

Less than $20,000: up to 3 years in prison and a fine of up to $100,000 .
$20,000-$99,999: up to 6 years in prison and a fine of up to $500,000.
$100,000 or more: up to 12 years in prison and a fine of up to $750,000.
Second degree motor vehicle theft is also a felony unless the vehicle is worth less than $1,000 -- in which case it is a misdemeanor. The maximum penalty for second degree vehicle theft based on the value of the vehicle is:

Less than $1,000: up to 18 months in jail and a fine of $5,000.
$1,000 or more but less than $20,000: up to 1 ½ years in prison and a fine of up to $100,000.
$20,000 or more: up to 3 years in prison and a fine of up to $100,000.
Additionally, your Colorado driver's license will be revoked if you are found guilty of, or plead no contest to, aggravated motor vehicle theft in any degree

So basically they get hosed no matter what . It's also unlikely a first offense or aperson with clean criminal record period. Few things really piss me off , However this event is one of those things because it begs the question of was it just bad luck of random thief passing by or is there a connection to a Navajo employee.

The last stock parts are off the front 60 stripped down to the inner c the axle awaits delivery of the Crane knuckles and arms and bronze upper bushings. I did notice my Yukons spit One full circle clip off the driver and one passenger side axle . Not if I did poor job of seating the clips last year or if this is going to become a thing and if I should look into upgrading since lost clips equal broken yokes on trail .

Got a new project / toy today.

KvvrZJ7LgEuG07WL_xsRMeKpipwyIxpcEQ4LW5AEm8gMdJTLaNi-XGyrOHSN4tsM07tYyM-hyMoG8vf1LLcIDXiIjqTSFqPG6g3-9N4alPDWgXLkgyFhGpnUiC3WaWL43kVnfz0q61BGsrQW7dI19F5SjljA1j588p8jrcYmCK3mJTSpfjCVRTkVgetKGTGKl-6IOOyggtr0qIuXBEhMOxkXrdvTyYR5_Ntvi2us1TxM5Uo_0ZyjxmsJi5y2gyZJr0GohdCs8KjRWTJ_jrHAU6AwyCi-kotargo6LqDqoTJXhfqUq0jo6US8UTDWC0KvW6_UO5Sz-3V6zNVU0VAhyX9L7qMHCx85xOWoyrIOjeq9g3ZpcMzIi4gAqGWvV7y6FUy-zHewvgjEpF5lJn1puHM6Bw9ei414pmIVPyg-GRE-gxtDQL1IOcHSH0crNJ7Mvd9jJzO4uV-gfcd_j2b0wwVyiJntaFE2132yw31e7BQM2k8baGYTGbGj76jhqCNS_ydI2Lp9N6kE0wr6nkoCAb3IMZnoY0eMSTR1yfocjjSI0h8CjPaAoehVzspSRFgdesF1h8mu0U84NJo4kkaJVkukYAEI54_XBG5158E=w500-no

They make a lot of cool spy toys these days that anyone can buy ... I will be able to track anything down to 3-15 ft of exact location and do so out of state by simply viewing on my phone a transmitter placed in or on something ...lol...then the a-v toys I can from salt lake city watch and listen on my car in Denver...lol... I'm still pissed but I'm going to have fun With this next set up .

Back