• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Zombies with political rights?

pds84

NAXJA Forum User
Came across this story today while at work, and it gave me quite a chuckle. The real message here is pretty sad that this stuff can still happen, regardless of a country's 'technological impoverishment' or whatnot. Anyway, it got me to thinking about what would happen if a political group attempted to lobby for zombie's political rights if they existed, given the pluthera of lobbying groups that exist in our current government, etc. Yeah, I know, it's weird, but I've got a huge exam and I'm running on coffee and no sleep. Good Monday, all.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/world/353378,CST-NWS-dead23.article

India's 'dead' fighting back

April 23, 2007
AZAMGARH, India -- A political party in India is pushing for the reinstatement of the legal rights of people wrongly declared dead by relatives trying to steal their assets. ''We are using elections to highlight the problems of living dead,'' said Lal Bihari, founder of the Mritak Sangh, or Association of the Dead.
Bihari was declared dead in 1976 by his uncle who conspired with officials and took over his property.
AP

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

You ever try getting reinstated HERE if you are declared dead ? You have to go through a lawyer to even start the process. Knew a guy in the army that was declared KIA back in 69, took him 3 months and a nitemare of paperwork as they paid his SGLI to his wife who prompty remarried and that was another can of worms. Just 0ne of the reasons the military is so big on DNA mapping for ID.

Nope, can't say I've ever had to :dunce: But with what you said, sounds like a major PITA. Here's to hopin that my off-road adventures never put me in that predicament!:laugh3:

Back