• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ Front Bumpers

cagedxj

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone here make bumpers for the ZJ also? I need one ASAP.

Thanks

Build it yourself. Grinder and a welder + 4hrs= cool bumper

Usually ASAP means, I needed this yesterday and don't have any time to build my own, which I sure he would do if he had more time.

Maybe its me but it usually takes more than 4 hours to plan and fab a front bumper that looks good. Unless your idea of looking good is a scrap hunk of 2x4 lying around with some rock boner welded to the front. That may take 4 hours to build.

Usually ASAP means, I needed this yesterday and don't have any time to build my own, which I sure he would do if he had more time.

Maybe its me but it usually takes more than 4 hours to plan and fab a front bumper that looks good. Unless your idea of looking good is a scrap hunk of 2x4 lying around with some rock boner welded to the front. That may take 4 hours to build.

So you don't like my bumper????
J/K :D

But really I did use 2 x 4 x 3/16 and with cutting welding fitting test fitting again and reworking then adding the shakle lugs and a reciver tube and adding some round tubing to it. It was an all weekend event. Hit the ZJ forums for a used one or your looking at buying one new if in stock and your needing it RTFN.

Well if you have any sense of fabrication then you could build something in 4 hrs. With the right tools and a sheet of 1/4 or 3/16 you can build a bumper that looks better than most on the market for the price.

The OP has more than enough fab skills, he probably just doesn't have time.Some people do have lives you know.

In case you're still wondering about his skills, here's a pic of his old XJ that he built:

P8120193.jpg

Not too many places carry a ZJ bumper thats got a good approach angle for a good price. Thats why i suggest build it. I wast making a stab at the OP just saying build it to your liking before buying one that sticks out like a sore thumb lol

SOME f&6%$#g TOOL In a BMW tried to brake check me the other day...lets say it didnt turn out well. So now I need a front bumper that the body shop can install through insurance. Other wise I would and could build my own.

too bad you weren't closer, i have one i'm tryin to sell, but no one in ut wants it ha ha

THANKS, good luck with your sale. Just wanted to throw some money the way of a LOCAL.

thanks guys...I got it figured out

Back