• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You people with vertical tube benders

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
Was there a time when making a complex bend was more difficult because you had a vertical bender rather than a horizontal bender?

I like the Roguefab bender. It looks nice and has a nice price tag. But I don't want to be limited by what it can do to save a few bucks.

https://www.roguefab.com/product.php?id=27

OR option B is to just build the gotrikes bender. Does anyone have plans for that one?

Do you think you'd be limited by a vertical style bender?

I have limited working space and would like to be able to keep the bender portable.

I think Doug built the gottrikes bender. I have a jd2 and we bent up my cage with out a problem. Of course Andy @ ironman did the calculations and I just worked the handle...... I guess mine is a horizontal one though.

I'd take a horizontal one if I found a good deal on it.

I'm just tired of not being able to produce any of these projects I have in my head because I don't have a bender.

I'd take a horizontal one if I found a good deal on it.

I'm just tired of not being able to produce any of these projects I have in my head because I don't have a bender.

That's ok I wish I had the $$$ to buy some tube to figure out what I did wrong on my last one...... :kissyou:

Its all the same just a different bend plane. Many great builds have been churned out by vertical benders and i like them better for small shop areas. I sold mine but when i was doing tube for a short stint i had it on a small cart and could wheel it all over the shop

Good.

My main issue is that my "Small shop area" is the ground in front of a 12'x16' utility building. So, I'd either have to pour a little cement pad to mount a horizontal bender to every time I wanted to use it or go with a vertical bender.

Looks like I'll start scrounging parts for a vertical bender.

Vertical unit on wheels is much more flexible than a horizontal unit. Small bends can be done inside, roll it out onto the drive for big sweeps. Add air/hydro and you'll shave time off your projects too.

The part of your cage that you had added on was done with a vertical style bender. There has been alot of tubing bent on that bender over the years, 3 tube chassis's were done on it this year. Can't go wrong with either style bender, but to make the horizontal style portable you will need air/hydo for it.

Last edited:
I use my vertical with zero issues, and have bent full sticks in half. I do however have an extra high ceiling (13feet). If all else fails, just roll the thing outside.

I too have a vertical gottrikes. Works great, no issues. Really like that I can move it around and bend where I want.

Glad you guys are liking our product and price point. Our bender is a lot smaller than the gottrikes, and uses dies that cost a lot less. It also has a degree indicator, and I don't believe the gottrikes has one at all.

We fully support our products and have the best service in the industry. Let us know if we can do anything for you or answer any questions. Our customers have asked us for dies for stainless and aluminum bending for a while, and we now stock UHMW pressure dies in every single size we offer dies for. So you can bend exotic materials without scratching or galling. And of course, they are the most affordable non-galling pressure dies (or liners) on the market.

Thanks again for discussing our product (with high regard at that) :greensmok

Joe
RogueFab.com

Back