• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yldiz Shotguns

For that kind of price go for it, just curious though, how long has academy been a rep for them ? I had never heard of them before now.
Personally I have a Winchester 1300 pump, came with two barrels, rifled slug and 26" with interchangeable choke setup. I seem to remember paying under $350 for it a few years ago.
They've had them for a number of years. I'm not sure how long exactly. I've got some arthritis in my left shoulder that makes working a pump difficult. I like a light, well balance gun for hunting. I really haven't liked any of the semi-autos in my price range.

0350-04706-1228-p1.jpg

I picked up a Yildiz 20 gauge last Friday. I didn't get a chance to shoot until today. Me and a friend went out and shot a box a clay pigeons with it. I like it. The length of pull is a little long. I'm going to have the stock shortened and a better recoil pad installed. I think I'm set for dove and quail seasons this year.

0350-04706-1228-p1.jpg

I picked up a Yildiz 20 gauge last Friday. I didn't get a chance to shoot until today. Me and a friend went out and shot a box a clay pigeons with it. I like it. The length of pull is a little long. I'm going to have the stock shortened and a better recoil pad installed. I think I'm set for dove and quail seasons this year.

http://www.limbsaver.com/2010/products/firearms/recoil_pads/index.php#grind

Do it yourself. ;) I know these guys can do the work if you don't want to...call 'em! Best stuff on the market.

Thanks, a Limbsaver is what I'm going to get. The gunsmith at one of the local shops will do the work for l$28 + the cost of the pad. I'm going to drop the gun off tomorrow. I'll let y'all know how it works out.

Awesome! I'm going to get my 870 fitted by them here this Summer when I rebuild it. Lemme know how yours turns out.

Is that a 26" model? What kind of chokes do they use? The Baikal I was looking at a few years ago used a universal choke and came with a full set. I need a new upland gun...

Awesome! I'm going to get my 870 fitted by them here this Summer when I rebuild it. Lemme know how yours turns out.

Is that a 26" model? What kind of chokes do they use? The Baikal I was looking at a few years ago used a universal choke and came with a full set. I need a new upland gun...

This one has 28" barrels. Only the youth model comes with 26" barrels. (could be lengthened) It comes with 5 chokes: cylinder, imp cylinder, modified, imp modified and full. Briley make chokes for the gun if you don't like the factory supplied ones. If needed, Briley also does the warranty work. It has a 3 year warranty.

I was also looking at a Baikal. It was the SPR 310 put out by Remington. It looked like a nice gun. I chose the Yildiz because it was lighter and had the better barrel selector.

I worked at Academy sports at the gun counter for a while in college and never really sold many of these cause they werent well known and a little pricey. But I heard great reviews from people who did buy them. I always thought they looked really great, but I never got a chance to shoot them.

Glad to see someone bought one.

This one has 28" barrels. Only the youth model comes with 26" barrels. (could be lengthened) It comes with 5 chokes: cylinder, imp cylinder, modified, imp modified and full. Briley make chokes for the gun if you don't like the factory supplied ones. If needed, Briley also does the warranty work. It has a 3 year warranty.

I was also looking at a Baikal. It was the SPR 310 put out by Remington. It looked like a nice gun. I chose the Yildiz because it was lighter and had the better barrel selector.

Very nice. :) Yeah I'm all about a youth model. The LOP can never be short enough for me. ;) I'm not small, but our shouldering technique is different than most, so the LOP needs to be much shorter. My duck gun (870) has about a 11.5" LOP, for example. I dig a 12", but the extra 'short' was for cold weather clothing.

I worked at Academy sports at the gun counter for a while in college and never really sold many of these cause they werent well known and a little pricey. But I heard great reviews from people who did buy them. I always thought they looked really great, but I never got a chance to shoot them.

Glad to see someone bought one.

At $399 for the standard model and (IIRC) $429 for the youth, they can hardly be considered pricey.

At $399 for the standard model and (IIRC) $429 for the youth, they can hardly be considered pricey.

Oh, i remember them being like $700.......I just checked, there is one for like $580,

I mis-remembered.

Oh, i remember them being like $700.......I just checked, there is one for like $580,

I mis-remembered.

They've got quite a selection. Academy

Academy sure has come a long way. I remember back in the late 70's when it was just a local chain of army surplus stores. If I had known, I would have bought stock.

Academy sure has come a long way. I remember back in the late 70's when it was just a local chain of army surplus stores. If I had known, I would have bought stock.

If I had known, famous last words....
If I had known they were going pass GCA68 I would have bought a dozen of those Walther P38's from the local mart for $25 each or the more expensive lugers for $50 or a couple of springfields for $18 each or a few M-1's for $25.... actually I would have had my parents buy them I was only 16 in 67 and even back then NJ was a PIA for firearms. :D :D :D :D

If I had known, famous last words....
If I had known they were going pass GCA68 I would have bought a dozen of those Walther P38's from the local mart for $25 each or the more expensive lugers for $50 or a couple of springfields for $18 each or a few M-1's for $25.... actually I would have had my parents buy them I was only 16 in 67 and even back then NJ was a PIA for firearms. :D :D :D :D

... or Dell stock when the whole company was in one small building.

Academy wasnt a publicly traded company when I worked there 3 years ago, so you couldnt buy stock thn......I dont think you can now, but I havent checked.

Academy wasnt a publicly traded company when I worked there 3 years ago, so you couldnt buy stock thn......I dont think you can now, but I havent checked.

I did not know that. In any case, from old worn out fatigues and rusty bayonets to what they are today, they've come a long way.

Well, If you are going to go that far, 6 winning lottery numbers for the power ball :D :D :D :D

Well, If you are going to go that far, 6 winning lottery numbers for the power ball :D :D :D :D

I used to service their Xerox copiers at the time. Seemed like every time I went into the building, they had rearranged. It was always an adventure figuring out where they had put the copy machine. I was so young and dumb. I didn't realize they did it because they were growing so fast.

Back