• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xsfer case breather hose?

Ok so I just recently got my 91xj running, now im working out the kinks. My paticular question is on my xsfer case (np 231) there is what i believe to be a breather hose, its rubber with a metal end. I cant find where this goes and dont want it flopping around by the driveshafts. Could some one help me out please. Also any one know where to get a windshield for it? I cant find one listed any where. Thanks

Ok so I just recently got my 91xj running, now im working out the kinks. My paticular question is on my xsfer case (np 231) there is what i believe to be a breather hose, its rubber with a metal end. I cant find where this goes and dont want it flopping around by the driveshafts. Could some one help me out please. Also any one know where to get a windshield for it? I cant find one listed any where. Thanks

There is a tube on the tcase next to the shifter I believe.

Does anybody know where to find a replacement for the filter thingy on the end? I've had no luck at the autoparts store, mainly because I didn't know what to call it and they didn't know either.

Thanx

Get some fuel line and a cheap fuel filter and run it up to the engine bay. Keeps it high and dry this way. I have my front rear and transfercase all ran this way. They are next to the brake booster with fuel filters on them. This way you don't have to worry about water getting in them.

Excellent idea, especially since the only breathers I can find require a large hose.

I was eyeballing filters for chainsaws. Something for a ~3/16" hose. I may even snag one from my RC truck.

Get some fuel line and a cheap fuel filter and run it up to the engine bay. Keeps it high and dry this way. I have my front rear and transfercase all ran this way. They are next to the brake booster with fuel filters on them. This way you don't have to worry about water getting in them.

What about your transmition? That's down there too.

Back