• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ tail light boxes, Now taking orders!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AZXJ said:
Russ,

I am running to powder coat this week so I can have your set powder coated. This will delay the shipping of your set. Just so we are clear...

Dave

Thanks Dave.
I appreciate that you didn't compromise the quality of the product.
I'm sure you had days when you wanted to say "The Hell With it".

I just got my boxes today. They do look great. I have to stop at the parts store this afternoon and get some primer & paint. They should be ready for install on Sunday. Almost 1 year to the day. I ordered on 5/9/07. I think I could smack these with a baseball bat and not dent them.

Nice job Dave. Thanks.

BeerNJ said:
Are these going to be street legal without side markers?
Not in my state, but I don't drive like a Jackass.

:)

BeerNJ said:
Are these going to be street legal without side markers?

it would be pretty easy to add sidemarkers to the setup, or you can just stick those little reflectors on the side and hope nobody notices (not the tape, but the round thingys)

i drove around for a year without a tag light and nobody noticed, but then my tag expired and i got a ticket 3 days later..its all luck (or unluck) of the draw

-Tim

jeepnuts311 said:
it would be pretty easy to add sidemarkers to the setup, or you can just stick those little reflectors on the side and hope nobody notices (not the tape, but the round thingys)

i drove around for a year without a tag light on the XJ and nobody noticed, but then my tag expired on my toyota and i got a ticket 3 days later..its all luck (or unluck) of the draw

-Tim

Every state is diffrent with thier laws.. Some will allow reflective tape. Some will require a side marker light. We tried to cover the majority.. The minority didn't warrent retaining the side marker.. Check your local laws, a small side marker can easily be added with minimal effort.

Take care
Dave

To all that ordered Tail light housings.. I made a mistake and sent out the wrong reverse lights. New ones went out yesterday.. you should recieve them within the next day or two.. I appologize for the goof up...

Take care
Dave
480-288-4213

I just got mine last week, but its been too rainy to paint and install up here in Vancouver... since i dont have garage space.

they are gonna look great when i get them installed, ill put up pics for sure.

(ive seriously been scoping parking garages that i could go pay for 'parking' aka painting in)

cheers,

andy

I finished painting and polishing these and they look great. Just waiting for the correct lenses so I can install. I don't sem to have enough posts to upload a picture, or I'm doing something wrong. I may have to give the whole jeep a new paintjob since these look so nice.

To wire turn signals and tail/brake lights together go to U-Haul and grab a trailer light box. Then wire it in, simple process shouldn't take more then an hour to do.

If you want a write up search THOR guard install, I believe it was by 53 guy and it had a how to wire up those types of lights.

-Alex

Things Needed
10mm Wrench
7mm Wrench
Wire Cutter
Wire Stripper
Electrical Tape
(2) Taillight Converters (Hopkins Part# 48845)

Drivers Side
1. Install the grommets in the housing
2. Install the lights into the grommets
3. On the Tail/Stop/Turn light the White=Ground, Red=Turn, Black=Tail
4. On the Hopkins Converter the White=Ground, Red=Brake, Yellow=Left Turn, Green= Right turn, Brown=Tail Light
5. Remove the green wire from the Hopkins Converter
6. Seal off the end of the green wire with solder, shrink wrap, or electrical tape
7. Take the wiring harness for the stop, brake, turn light and connect the red wire to the yellow wire, the black wire to the brown wire and the white wire to the white wire
8. Remove the (3)10mm bolts holding the factory taillight to the body
9. Remove the 7mm bolt holding the wires to the taillight housing
10. Turn the light sockets counter clockwise to remove
11. Mark the wires with Tail/Stop, Turn, or Reverse
12. Cut the wires as close the socket as you can
13. Wire the reverse light to the factory harness, polarity does not matter unless you have leds, so it doesn’t matter which color goes where.
14. For the converter, Wire the Black wires into the White wire, the brake wire into the Red wire, the turn signal wire into the Yellow wire, and the tail light wire into the Brown wire.
a. On my 2000 here are the wire colors(colors will vary year to year)
i. White/Tan = Brake
ii. Dark Green/Red = Left turn
iii. Brown = Tail
iv. Black = Ground

Passenger Side
***Haven’t installed yet, cannot confirm wire colors, pictures to come***
1. Remove the (3)10mm bolts holding the factory taillight to the body
2. Remove the 7mm bolt holding the wires to the taillight housing
3. Turn the light sockets counter clockwise to remove
4. Mark the wires with Tail/Stop, Turn, or Reverse
5. Cut the wires as close the socket as you can
6. Install the grommets in the housing
7. Install the lights into the grommets
8. On the Tail/Stop/Turn light the White=Ground, Red=Turn, Black=Tail
9. On the Hopkins Converter the White=Ground, Red=Brake, Yellow=Left Turn, Green= Right turn, Brown=Tail Light
10. Remove the yellow wire from the Hopkins Converter
11. Seal off the end of the yellow wire with solder, shrink wrap, or electrical tape
12. Take the wiring harness for the stop, brake, turn light and connect the red wire to the green wire, the black wire to the brown wire and the white wire to the white wire
13. Wire the reverse light to the factory harness, polarity does not matter unless you have leds, so it doesn’t matter which color goes where.
14. For the converter, Wire the Black wires into the White wire, the brake wire into the Red wire, the turn signal wire into the Green wire, and the tail light wire into the Brown wire.
a. On my 2000 here are the wire colors(colors will vary year to year)
i. White/Tan = Brake
ii. Brown/Red = Right turn
iii. Dark Green/Yellow = Tail
iv. Black = Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back