• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ starts & runs fine, then rough, then dies

cygnus58 said:
i would never say i told you so...

You just did... :p

Anyhow, it's not like I wasn't going to change the CPS, just that I was putting it off since it's such a PITA to do. Also it's not that the CPS went bad (even though I didn't check, but I'm sure it's still good), but that it was installed wrong. Well, I'll admit it, I really didn't think that it was the CPS so I'll declare that I don't know Jack! Thank you Naxja and all that helped.

SuperRA said:
You just did... :p

Anyhow, it's not like I wasn't going to change the CPS, just that I was putting it off since it's such a PITA to do. Also it's not that the CPS went bad (even though I didn't check, but I'm sure it's still good), but that it was installed wrong. Well, I'll admit it, I really didn't think that it was the CPS so I'll declare that I don't know Jack! Thank you Naxja and all that helped.
At the very least your sacrifice will helped many others diagnos their xj's!:sunshine:

I'm glad you got it ironed out.
It seems the little CPS can cause many oddball symptoms.
I modified one of mine and must have done it wrong as well. It would idle but backfire, no power, wouldn't even move off the spot. But it DID run......

Back