• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj rules moab

adrnalinlovr

NAXJA Forum User
i decided one day to drive the rokee to moab for a night and some easy trails, on the way there i met up with three guys who were trailering there rigs, after a little bullshiting they instigated me to follow 'em on their trails "we'll just winch you if anything happens"

rigs-
2 loaded samurais welded diffs, tsl boggers, 4psi and the tires barely bulged, dang those samis are light
1 blazer front&rear ARBs, front&rear winches, 35" mud terrains, and 2, yes 2, transmissions, 32 gears calculated 1600 lb/ft torque from the 350 and gearing
and mine
99 xj, 3inch coils and leafs, 1.5 spacer and shackle, 33" baja claws, and open diffs.... thats it

started easy on fins and things
then hells revenge the xj did the smaller hot tub, and the escalator!!!
then for shits and giggles i felt powerful and followed them to the moab rim and sure enough the xj pulled strong and never had to try something twice

i am just frankly dumbfounded and left all the spectators in disbelief that my rig was driven down in 7 hours, and completed the moab rim, then drove all 7 hours back.

xj's are just amazing,

damage: only thing is i managed to ram my fan into my radiator punching a fist divet into the aluminium on hells revenge, 20 minutes and a pair of pliers, and i was ready for the moab rim
l_e0b0c05155fb63a7cf1ce32f35534cb3.jpg

Fall fling in Moab on the first week in October. kemosabee??? I know your rig can wheel after Coloradofest.

you sure it was the escalator you made it up? if so you would be the first to do it open\open that i've heard of, even can't get a xj with a rear locker to get up it.

pics

i admit i cheated a lil on the escalator, hooked the blazers winch to the front and he gave me a good 6 inches slack the whole time, kept her dead center over the hole, as the right wall came i gave a little left turn to hook the left tire on the slightly less slanted left 'ridge', then back right, gave her a good bump and the right tire shot up digging my left rear, which lurched the car up and starting to roll over back, the slack caught me and bounced my fronts back onto slickrock, but over the crest and just drove out.
l_f096401328bbb85b1edeba5df1511e2c.jpg

l_acf62d29e9a9f81057ed0120b9d902d5.jpg

l_a3f8c1facba8d9125a9dc6c0457d118e.jpg

l_e31e48e4dd4be105e1dad14320ae64bf.jpg

XJs are MADE for Moab, and they do much better than SWBs do in places like that.

Back