• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ parts and a ZJ

$150 OBO for the 8.8.

Anyone remotely interested in the ZJ? Make me an offer on it!

Figures... lol Its taking up valuable shop space right now! I need it outta there so i can pull the cherokee in and do the long arms.

i am always looking for something to dump money into.

Dude....you can dump money into mine if you want....I may even bring it to you to dump your money...I can provide a "wish list" if you like?:wave1:

what are the specs on the ZJ? i am always looking for something to dump money into.

1997 ZJ with 210k. 242 4L. Starts and runs about 2 seconds fine then shuts down. Bran new CPS. Hood has clear coat fade. passenger fender has some dents. missing center console lid. no radio or speakers. Have title. Sitting in the middle of my shop... I know it runs, I just cant figure it out.

Shocks, light bar and 8.8 Gone... Im trying to find boxes big enough for the header panels so I can get the shipping quotes out. Ill let everybody know as soon as I get them.

Shocks, light bar and 8.8 Gone... Im trying to find boxes big enough for the header panels so I can get the shipping quotes out. Ill let everybody know as soon as I get them.
Gotta give a big :thumbup: to redneck on the 8.8 he sold me. It's a cherry for sure and to have the brackets already removed made it a killer deal. Really nice guy to deal with.

Gotta give a big :thumbup: to redneck on the 8.8 he sold me. It's a cherry for sure and to have the brackets already removed made it a killer deal. Really nice guy to deal with.

AND you are even in his neck of the woods...How about that!:sunshine:

The ZJ is getting parted out. Seats, rear disks and brake hardware, overhead console and rims are gone.

blackjack12982, you still interested in the drivers side headlight assembly?

The D30 has 3.55 gears and is set up for ABS. I dont know if thats something anyones interested in. 4L with 212k miles. Good tranny. The PO stated that the 242 made noise like a bad chain. All dash and trim parts in good condition. All glass is tinted and in good condition. Doors, hatch, hood, roof rack, all ready to go!

Ill have the headers boxed and quoted by Sunday!

I believe so, I paid for the headlight/turn signal assembly with someone on another board, and I believe I'm gonna be stiffed.

What do you want for the headlight and turn signal assembly on the driver's side?

Alrighty, white header panel sold and ZJ seats sold.

Ive got the ZJ all apart. Anyone need some parts? 15x7 Canyon rims and tires? Disk brake setup? Engine/tranny/transfer case? Dash parts? steering column with wheel?

blackjack12982, PM sent

ZJ headlights are gone.

Im pulling the axles, engine/tranny/transfercase tomorrow and the shell is going to the recyclers on Monday. all the trim and glass is going to go with it. If you want something off of it, speak now. I cant wait to get this thing out of the shop.

let me make a call tomorrow... i know a guy who wheels a ZJ like he stole it! and in my opinion, he needs to swap his junk into that one...

what kind of price are you wanting for just the shell and "what's left of it"... ?
...maybe just a truck and trailer to get it out of the way :dunno:

let me make a call tomorrow... i know a guy who wheels a ZJ like he stole it! and in my opinion, he needs to swap his junk into that one...

what kind of price are you wanting for just the shell and "what's left of it"... ?
...maybe just a truck and trailer to get it out of the way :dunno:

PM sent. let me know asap. It needs to leave the shop soon. Either on all all four wheels or on the unibody.

Will that zj rear work on an 86 xj? I hate i missed out on the 8.8. Im in desprate need of a new rearend. The one I have has either a spool or the spider gears welded up. I want to get some new tires but not until I have a new rear. Im pretty close to you.......do you know where i could get another 35?

It won't fit without cutting off the 4 link brackets and welding on spring perches, but it doesn't matter anyway, Dan and I are going to pick up whats left of it this saturday. But if you are wanting an 8.8, I can get you one for $300. Let me know what ratio you want and I can try and get that for you. Heck, I even have an XJ Dana 35 from an 89. But the ring and pinion is trash. You can have it for $50, and I can drag it down to rednecks place with me on saturday morning and you can meet us and grab it if you want. Just let me know, maybe we can get you taken care of!

Last edited:
It won't fit without cutting off the 4 link brackets and welding on spring perches, but it doesn't matter anyway, Dan and I are going to pick up whats left of it this saturday. But if you are wanting an 8.8, I can get you one for $300. Let me know what ratio you want and I can try and get that for you. Heck, I even have an XJ Dana 35 from an 89. But the ring and pinion is trash. You can have it for $50, and I can drag it down to rednecks place with me on saturday morning and you can meet us and grab it if you want. Just let me know, maybe we can get you taken care of!

What does it take to make the 8.8 work in an xj? How much would it take to fix the 35? Thank you for tryin to help me out.

What does it take to make the 8.8 work in an xj? How much would it take to fix the 35? Thank you for tryin to help me out.
pm sent

19864cyl,
Im getting my axles for the Cherokee this weekend. Hopefully by next weekend Ill have them in and Ill have my C8.25 & D30 w/ 3.55 ready to go to another home.

Whats left of the Grand Cherokee is as good as sold. MELKORsXJ and I believe Tean Willys will be here Saturday afternoon to pick it up.

Back