• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: AW4, NP231 (N. IL, S. WI areas) ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mullet Man

NAXJA Forum User
Cardon joint on my rear driveshaft broke and it vibed so bad that it split the transfer case in two and cracked the trans bellhousing. So i'm in major need of an AW4 trans and an NP231 t-case, i'll even take a front driveshaft.

I'm in Northern IL near Dekalb and i will travel some for good parts and price.

Jeep is a '99 XJ 4.0 if that makes a difference in mating up to other model year AW4 transmissions(?)

indeed it does. I believe you need a 98+ transmission. Check Kasteins AW4 thread in OEM tech.

bellhousings and t-cases will swap though, so if you really have a need take the first one you can get and strip the piceces you need to put yours back together.

Yes sir, thanks for that bit of info. Looks like the trans is '98-'01 specific. I don't really know if i need the whole trans or not yet, i'm removing it at the moment. I do know i need a bell housing and a 231 t-case as they are both in multiple pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back