• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wtb 94-99 cumins when i return

Speedbump96

NAXJA Forum User
looking for a cummins that could make it across the us would like if it has below 200k
price range is low let me know what u got ill be back in november so i would like a seller that isnt in a rush
also would like it running
minor repairs its ok

Last edited:
I'll keep my eyes peeled, I'm good at finding stuff.

and by the way, 200k for a 6bt is just broken in ;)

Yeah, bought mine at 220k and was worried...260 without a hitch and I trust it more than my jap car with 150k on it.

i would be more worried about the trans at the mileage than the engine. My dad has had 4 CTDs (still has 1 now) and they have all been bulletproof engines. 2 had 200k+ miles and of those one of them (a 97) had a bad auto trans due to neglect and a hard life. but that Cummins just keeps on going and going. i would lean towards a manual gearbox for durability and longevity but if the auto was treated right it could be fine too.

i would be more worried about the trans at the mileage than the engine. My dad has had 4 CTDs (still has 1 now) and they have all been bulletproof engines. 2 had 200k+ miles and of those one of them (a 97) had a bad auto trans due to neglect and a hard life. but that Cummins just keeps on going and going. i would lean towards a manual gearbox for durability and longevity but if the auto was treated right it could be fine too.

thanks for the advice brother yeah if i can find a 5spd them im gunna go for it a heart beat cause i will be haulng my jeep back and when i get back home ill be hauling alot of hay and horses so it would be better for getting the big haus up the hills

It'd be nice to stay with a 96-97 imho. 98 will require smog checks and prior to 96 they weren't as nice on the inside. late 98's can be found with the half rear door which is really nice if you get into the back seat for stuff much or have kids. 98.5 was the start of the 24 valve motors, not as good if you ask me.

Back