• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrenchin' party this weekend?

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
I'm gonna be doing a marathon engine swap starting Friday with some other minor projects thru the weekend. If you're bored - I could use an extra pair of hands movin' motors around and what not.......

The operating room:

P1011867.jpg

Picked up this sweet little '00 on the cheap today:

P1011855.jpg

It has a nasty/angry piston or something banging away in it. But otherwise, it's a nice little Classic with the off-road package (armor/hooks) towing package (hitch, trans cooler) new 3-row radiator, and 16" alloys. It came from Michigan so it's got a couple little rust spots (top of the a-pilars and pass. rear window), nothing bad - but they sure know how to undercoat..... holy crap.

I had 'Castle's old '00 still sitting at my yard - nice engine in it....... :dunno: figure I'd get to swapping things around! :D

Oh and if you need any parts, I'll be parting out that blue '00 and I have a '91 here too that needs picked over! :thumbup:

Last edited:
I saw that on CL, wished I had the funds to pick it for the wife. I was woundering how long it would take you to snag it.:thumbup:

Will there be time for us to stop and get a Slurpee or an ice cream cone is it just work work work??

Will there be time for us to stop and get a Slurpee or an ice cream cone is it just work work work??

By all means....... stop on the way down.......

I just wish I could hear you say "slurpee" and "ice cream"......... :roflmao:

Nice grab Troy. Gonna be wrenchin' on Daniels heep this weekend...sorry I can't help out.

Doin' as you should be Frank - Father & Son time with his XJ........ :thumbup:

Now....... post some pics of his rig fer cryin' out loud! :D

To far for me!! Enjoy the knucle bustin!! :wave:

ill be stoppin by anyways so might as well give a helping hand...and how much ya gonna be selling the 00 for i know someone might be interesed...(me) i want a newer one:)
and those wheels and tires look very familar

I can't make it over for wrenchin, sorry.

Maybe I have money for you though! Do you happen to have the drivers side turn signal lens that sits under the headlight, from that 00'?

I'm gonna be doing a marathon engine swap starting Friday with some other minor projects thru the weekend. If you're bored - I could use an extra pair of hands movin' motors around and what not.......

Must be over your sickness....................I didn't see a Quarantined on the door there in the pic.

I can come over and help.............although you would not get anything done, cause of course I would talk your ear off :D

...........nah...........I actually have to work Saturday. Beginning of the year is the worst cause the first three months we work Saturdays to make sure books and files are good as we get surveyed by Community Center Boards for Quality of services..........big ole pain in the butt!

Good luck wrenching and no breaking anything!

Gathering my tools...when again?

LOL! I wouldn't expect anything less....... :D

I'm gonna be wrenchin' on these rigs Saturday and Sunday. Stop by whenever.

I'm actually gonna time the transplant process. From the time I start to remove the donor to the time it's in the recipient and running.

Anyone wanna start a pool? :D

Whoa...... Might I actually be graced with the great Jon Jacobs presence? :D

That'd be totally cool brutha! PM sent! :thumbup:

hardeeharr.. :) Been thinking of doing a swap in my 88, yours'll be good practice. You got air? I'll bring some stuff down and we'll burn through it quick-like.

This style fitting?

wmr-m604c_w.jpg

Back