• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

would you buy a used powertrax?

lowrange2 said:
LOL... Mines the same way... I don't mind hearin noises i just hate when other people look and say look at that pos makin all that damn noise! I could deal with the first couple noises but the exhaust in the gas tank would have to go... Ya shit's gunna blow up! Mines leakin gas already from a similar incident.

He's looking at a Powertrax No-Slip.... completely different than the Lockright you're refering to.

The No-Slip sells for 355.00 shipped from DC4WD.com and it's completely silent....

I ran a No-Slip in my 8.25 and it was great.. Im running a Lockright in my rear 44 now and it's loud but it's not a dd anymore...

I say if it's in good shape it's a good deal.. they sell on Ebay for 325.00 or so used...

Edit to answer the questions:

1. Warranty?... not sure but mostly what breaks is going to be your fault on install. The MOST COMMON failure is the paddle spacer and almost always breaks with an improper install not on the trail. The spacer is something like 25.00 if you break it.

2. Parts?... they should all be there and if it's pretty new the springs will still be good.

3. Install?...It's very easy but do everything exactly like the manual says or you'll be ordering one or two active paddle spacers.....

HTH, Chris

Last edited:
trailblaze said:
i sometimes get out and kick my exhaust untill i bend it away from the skid... i love having an old POS that i don't care much about

Same here! I love not worrying about a scratch... My last vehicle was a Black 2006 Land Rover and I hated having to worry about a twig scratching it all the way down the side. I owned it for 2 months for that reason.

mjma said:
the amount of traction you gain on the trail easily makes up for the annoying clicking sound around turns. If you don't want to hear the clicking, get on the gas a little bit....you'll just hear tires squeeling!

I like your solution.

uncc civilengineer said:
He's looking at a Powertrax No-Slip.... completely different than the Lockright you're refering to.

The No-Slip sells for 355.00 shipped from DC4WD.com and it's completely silent....

I ran a No-Slip in my 8.25 and it was great.. Im running a Lockright in my rear 44 now and it's loud but it's not a dd anymore...

I say if it's in good shape it's a good deal.. they sell on Ebay for 325.00 or so used...

Edit to answer the questions:

1. Warranty?... not sure but mostly what breaks is going to be your fault on install. The MOST COMMON failure is the paddle spacer and almost always breaks with an improper install not on the trail. The spacer is something like 25.00 if you break it.

2. Parts?... they should all be there and if it's pretty new the springs will still be good.

3. Install?...It's very easy but do everything exactly like the manual says or you'll be ordering one or two active paddle spacers.....

HTH, Chris

Thanks for the clarification, I'm not very fluent in the ways of rear lockers.

trailblaze said:
i just asked for 265 shipped.... so hopefully it works out good

Good Luck

Back