• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

World Burger Tour - 2012

Well that burger does look tasty, but I had a dry aged Manhattan cut filet mignon oscar style at the stock yard in Nashville last night. Best of all, I didn't pay for it.

so you had a really fancy-schmancy un-ground burger... yum.

You cannot dry age filet. It has to be a fatty meat. They're full of shit. And what the hell is Manhattan style. Filet Mignon is filet mignon. There are only two, maybe three filet mignon's in a tenderloin.

So it wasn't a filet mignon. That is a very specific term for a very specific cut of meat. Do note, Chris, I cut filets on an every day basis for three years, as well as cut dry aged NY Strips. There was not a steak knife in the house. If you couldn't cut it with a normal knife, you sent it back. Besides Oscar is for eggs or veal, not beef. Bernaise should be served with grilled beef. :)

Truf. I once ground up scrap from cutting the NY's. Best Burger Ever. The chef wanted to kill me, since that burger cost about $8. Not supposed to have scrap when you cut NY's. :)

Where are we going next.

who's Crystal?

And Fred, I hear ya, although I have had a fairly feirce steak oscar before, whether you like the terminology or not ;)

:puke:

Back