• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wilson county fair offroad challange

i dont recommend this to anyone into anything less than extreme rock crawling.

in my opinion it was far more difficult than your average tough truck competition and those are hard enough on a rig as it is.

yeah that course was def not made for 33's open open. i saw joe break. what exactly was it? i saw him being pulled off. Made me very sick lol

^^harharhar they couldn't pronounce your name at first.
man i think i could handle that, and at least make it through. i expected ten or fifteen rockpiles like the one in TRT's back yard, basically a meat grinder for 4x4's....

^^harharhar they couldn't pronounce your name at first.
man i think i could handle that, and at least make it through. i expected ten or fifteen rockpiles like the one in TRT's back yard, basically a meat grinder for 4x4's....

In your Grand Wagoneer with open front and rear? There were guys in the bigger class gettins stuck there on 40s.

In your Grand Wagoneer with open front and rear? There were guys in the bigger class gettins stuck there on 40s.

no, of course not in the waggy. but in an xj on 35's like you and joe had, i imagine i could do alright. i might could do it in the waggy if i had 35's and a locker, which might be in her future, but i'd prefer to wheel an xj any day of the week.:angel:
i wasn't talking so much about the rig as the driver skill, which i think mine is prolly up to par as long as i stay out of water(thanks shrek)

Last edited:
well i'll take that dig on my driver skill as constructive criticism and just chalk it up to you not seeing the 4 foot holes in the log jam area.

and i'm sure you have wheeled enough to know that a slick log has, at MOST, half the traction of a slick rock.

that course was a nightmare.

if you need an example of driver skill you can look up the videos of redneck, brian, kevin, and myself at short mountain...

and if you'd like to play follow the leader sometime that'd be great.

a couple stills from bosco's vid.

45606_1583808281013_1409933511_1575548_5145868_n.jpg

47417_1583807881003_1409933511_1575546_2710771_n.jpg

^^takin it personal much? snot how i meant that one. from what i could tell you and brian both did mighty well, which i figger i might be able to do, too. as for short mountain, i've actually been everywhere up there that you've been in the waggy, stock and lifted both, and in a few different variations of the xj, and even in a bone-stock 1974 cj5, so i'm thinkin follow the leader wouldn't be too bad unless you tried to squeeze between some trees:D
by the way, i'd be happy to help fix your jeep, and i'd like to do some local wheelin soon. wanna plan a trip?

not to bardge in here... but it looked like biggest things were brian needs a front locker BAD. and wingnut... looked like you had lots of air in those tires. but it could just be the video..

either way it looks like you need some boggers to do that challenge. if it was dry it would have been alittle better...

how much was the payout and what were the rigs like in yalls class?

we ended up splitting the prize money 4 ways. think we all got like 120ish$ and i got the 1st place trophy for best "show"

there were 3 xj's and an old scout.

the 3rd xj was wes from the video bogo posted. his xj is yellow and black with an exo and super swamper treads painted down the doors.

same jeep as in the video though.

brian definetely needs a locker. and i honestly think that boggers, being as stiff walled as they are, would have been a hinderance everywhere but the open sloppy flat areas.

my brother has knocked his off the bead a couple times.

and (chief) there's a trip scheduled for a TBA locale on the 17th? i think.

so now that you're waggy's running it'd be nice to wheel with someone other than brian garth and myself.

there's been a couple others scattered through out the trips but they come and go.

(glances at bogonia and TRT)

and i owe a

HUGE

thanks to greg for bringing his trailer out to rescue me from lebanon.

especially when he had to get up just as early as i do for work.

5am!!

thanks bud. owe you one. :cheers:

september 17th? that weekend i'll be in indiana doing a 20 mile charity bike ride or some such noise. any chance of a closer trip sooner? i'd be down for wooly's or short mountain, or i know of a fun spot in madison that i haven't been to in a while that might be fun for a couple hours or so. one of these weekends i need to install my locker so i can do what i do a little easier. i've only wheeled the waggy twice since i got her going again, so it's about time for another one....

I'm thinking OX locker after I get a few paychecks in. LOL. Garth is gonna be heading up to WITC over Labor Day Weekend. I'm on dog watch that weekend since everyone in my family except me will be out of town. I might be able to squeeze a day out of it, but that's a big maybe. I'm thinking a Wooly's camping trip on the 17th now. I'll post up in the staging area.

Back