• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's ported/polished a renix head w/ good results?

Mike1331

NAXJA Forum User
I put a HO motor/head in and can't get my renix intake/gasket to line up properly. I've still got a really bad leak at 1,2 and #6 cylinders. So after unbolting my intake exauhst a few times to try and line it up i'm fed up and am just going to put my renix head on. I want to port/polish it first. There's all sort of threads w/ people porting ho heads. Any tips on porting the renix head castings? Will the chevy valves and roller rockers make a difference w/ just a bored tb, intake and exaust, and a stock header?

I just bought the 99+ intake and adapted the tb and the fuel rail from the renix system to fit on the newer intake, also replaced corresponding p/s pump assem pieces. only problem with that is the egr gets dumped.

You can if your Jeep is registered in a "smog upon change of ownership only" county. (=
A good PnP of any head should have decent performance.

I ported the head on my stroker about 8 years ago. Since the rpms are so low, I can't really say it helped that much. The port match to the headers is probably a lot more important.

I just bought the 99+ intake and adapted the tb and the fuel rail from the renix system to fit on the newer intake, also replaced corresponding p/s pump assem pieces. only problem with that is the egr gets dumped.
im thinking of doing that swap to my renix system. what did you do to adapt the tb to the inake. i have tb spacer on mine not sure if that makes any difference in adapting it. whats the deal with the fuel rail? since im in a no emissions county :) how do block off whatever the egr connects to? im not to familiar yet with the jeep emission. how does your jeep run after you took the egr off? im assuming you have a check engine light on?

Its not too hard to port a head, but it's too damn easy to XXXX it up. Look up port matching, its not that hard to do. If you have time and can wait a few weeks, Ill see if I have a head laying around I can port it and lap the valves and sometime when Im in sac you can get it.

Its not too hard to port a head, but it's too damn easy to XXXX it up. Look up port matching, its not that hard to do. If you have time and can wait a few weeks, Ill see if I have a head laying around I can port it and lap the valves and sometime when Im in sac you can get it.

what exactly are you saying? Your willing to port match a renix head for me? How much?

Back