• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's going?

I'm pretty much living my normal life. I'm still working a whole lot of hours and when I'm home i work on the house. The only thing i do miss is my favorite every other Saturday night corner bar. I need some 70 degree days now and ill be out getting the Jeep done.

Yeah, I get that - my job is considered "essential", so no change in number of hours I'm working either. Couldn't help yanking the chain, though.

Main thing I'm missing right now is the company's bowling league has been on hiatus since this all started - I miss going to the alley on Thursdays this time of year instead of straight home. I do need to get the lead out and clean up/paint my replacement seat brackets so I can install them, then see about getting the front pinon seal replaced (started weeping at RocktoberFest). I should get started on that relay box I bought the parts for too so I can get my driving lights working again, but right now I've really only got bandwidth on the weekends.

Oh, and Fern, nothing so far on NACFest not going on that I've seen - the NAC BOD seems to be playing a "long game" right now, latest info (from about a week back) is in the NACFest thread over in the NAC area. Late June is far enough out that there's still room to wait and see a bit. I know I'm going to hold my campground reservation until the last possible moment.

Oh, and Fern, nothing so far on NACFest not going on that I've seen - the NAC BOD seems to be playing a "long game" right now, latest info (from about a week back) is in the NACFest thread over in the NAC area. Late June is far enough out that there's still room to wait and see a bit. I know I'm going to hold my campground reservation until the last possible moment.
Ok sounds good i'll keep checking back. I haven't booked anything, is it too late to book? I was kind of waiting on my brother to give me a definite answer on whether he was going...It'd be nice to convoy down with someone.

Ok sounds good i'll keep checking back. I haven't booked anything, is it too late to book? I was kind of waiting on my brother to give me a definite answer on whether he was going...It'd be nice to convoy down with someone.

Things get booked up pretty quick over there. I'm actually surprised i got a cabin so close to the date. Even if the event gets cancelled I'm gonna end up having nice little getaway.

Last edited:
Yeah, I get that - my job is considered "essential", so no change in number of hours I'm working either. Couldn't help yanking the chain, though.

Main thing I'm missing right now is the company's bowling league has been on hiatus since this all started - I miss going to the alley on Thursdays this time of year instead of straight home. I do need to get the lead out and clean up/paint my replacement seat brackets so I can install them, then see about getting the front pinon seal replaced (started weeping at RocktoberFest). I should get started on that relay box I bought the parts for too so I can get my driving lights working again, but right now I've really only got bandwidth on the weekends.

Yeah my work was deemed essential. It was definitely a blessing to not have to deal with unemployment right now. I'm gonna make a list on my dry erase board in my garage and start getting things done. My problem is my head is going in every direction once i start working on the jeep. I dont finish one thing before i start the next. Ive gotta break that bad habit. Im pretty sure that will help with my motivation

Things get booked up pretty quick over there. I'm actually surprised i got a cabin so close to the date. Even if the event gets cancelled I'm gonna end up having nice little getaway.
Yea i guess so! There's only a few 1-room cabins left. Debating on if i should just spend the extra $20 on a 2-room and be able to bring my Labrador, its tempting.

Yea i guess so! There's only a few 1-room cabins left. Debating on if i should just spend the extra $20 on a 2-room and be able to bring my Labrador, its tempting.

I'd say get whatever you can while it's still available, so you're covered. This campground doesn't do a lot of tent sites - mainly RVs and cabins, and it does fill up fast (which is why I make sure I'm booked at least a couple months ahead). Check with the campground on bringing the dog, though - they're pet friendly in general but apparently not all cabins are.

As of now we are just monitoring the whole situation. We have talked about maybe moving it, nothing is concrete right now due to this ever changing situation. This also hinges on Governor Wolf opening Pa businesses and THE SAFETY OF OUR MEMBERS AND GUESTS. Please be patient and stay tuned, also be safe and healthy.

STROKER

Where in CT are you? I'm thinking about making the trip down this year.

I'd say get whatever you can while it's still available, so you're covered. This campground doesn't do a lot of tent sites - mainly RVs and cabins, and it does fill up fast (which is why I make sure I'm booked at least a couple months ahead). Check with the campground on bringing the dog, though - they're pet friendly in general but apparently not all cabins are.
Will do! I checked out the reservations yesterday and it looks like just about all the 2-room cabins allow pets but not the cottages or 1-room cabins.
Where in CT are you? I'm thinking about making the trip down this year.
Hey billy, I'm right near the University of CT (Uconn) in Storrs CT.

As of now we are just monitoring the whole situation. We have talked about maybe moving it, nothing is concrete right now due to this ever changing situation. This also hinges on Governor Wolf opening Pa businesses and THE SAFETY OF OUR MEMBERS AND GUESTS. Please be patient and stay tuned, also be safe and healthy.

STROKER

Thanks for the update, Ben. I know I'm not the only one watching closely for updates.

How's the XJ coming along, by the way?

Thanks for the update, Ben. I know I'm not the only one watching closely for updates.

How's the XJ coming along, by the way?

It’s coming along, had to take a small hiatus from the xj to redo my kitchen, but now I’m back on it and it’s coming together nicely, if things stay on tract I should have it done in the next couple weeks.

STROKER

Well, that's an understandable priority shift - after all, if you don't fix the kitchen, you've got nowhere to chill the beer! (that, and having a place to cook is important too :D)

Looking forward to seeing the XJ when it's finished.

Hello all, Registration will be up in the next day or two, we are having NACFEST so come 1 come all.
With this comes strict regulations that we must and will follow at the park and probably the camp ground, so lets show our best when the time comes.

https://www.facebook.com/150245635866/videos/233397187917344/

STROKER

Last edited:
Back