• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which rock rails?

x10 on the aj's i got a pair a few years back. im not sure if the pricing wen tup by then but, they were 250 shipped to my door in a couple days. I could not be any happier. I also bought a cage through another company i will not say because thats who i am, but they have taken over 4 months to shipp me the cage. so far i got a few pieces shipped to me. About a month or so later i got another piece shipped to me and now 4 months later im waiting for the final pieces...... REALLY SUCKS

I chose the JCR's because AJ's wait list was too long. I would have been happy with either.

I got my sliders from this guy.

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/600106116.html

rails3.jpg

rails2.jpg

rails1.jpg

They are solid as a rock, and they fit like they were built on the truck. They bolt onto the unibody, and tie in to the pinch seam under the rockers. I was in a rush so he built them, shipped them, and I had them in hand in 4 days. Very very stout, I have ridden them around several trees and ledges, and they are solid as a rock. The price was right too. I recommend him.

So does everyone like the extended out tube (like a SuperRail or Stage 2) over the lower profile sliders that dont stick out? Im trying to decide which way to go. Pros and cons to each design?

rammie said:
So does everyone like the extended out tube (like a SuperRail or Stage 2) over the lower profile sliders that dont stick out? Im trying to decide which way to go. Pros and cons to each design?

Its all about prefrence for the extended tube.
Pros - more coverage, can act like a step.
Cons - more weight (like that matters :D, can get in the way)

Another option vs the flat tube is the angled up tube as seen from JP Fab.
http://www.cherokeeforum.com/showthread.php?t=915

JCR's just went on sale, I think its time to buy.

Anyone know where you can get rock sliders that replace the rocker panel? I think rustys does this but im looking for something that isnt gonna cost an arm and leg to ship.

A rocker replacement? Nobody that I know of makes them, but they are pretty easy to make. Take some 2x16 tube, probably 3/16ths and put some 45 degree ends amd cut out your old rocker and weld those into the place of them.

-Alex

I got 3/16" AJ's super rails in my garage. Just havent had time to get them on yet :( On a scale of 1-10 on build quality and value I would give them a 13.

Ba-Riedo said:
A rocker replacement? Nobody that I know of makes them, but they are pretty easy to make. Take some 2x16 tube, probably 3/16ths and put some 45 degree ends amd cut out your old rocker and weld those into the place of them.

-Alex
Yeah they make them. At least it appears so on rustys page.

xjarmor_10.jpg

I would definetly put some together myself but i lack a welder. Although if i had an extra $600 lying around i would probably buy one and do it myself.

Nope, those are not replacements, look at the install article. They are just a guard that wraps around. A replacement implies that you must cut out your rocker first.

-Alex

I have a set of JCR stage 2's laying out under the car port for like 4 months now LOL. They are really nice (or atleast they were before they became COMPLETE rust). I just gotta grind the rust off and put a good coat of herculiner on them and bolt em up. I just havent had the time and today I painted my Nates rear bumper and it should be good to go and it is also VERY nice.

alwaysready said:
ya i plan on getting either jcr or aj's then have them line xed or somehting..

If you plan on actually using the sliders, don't get an expensive coating. :nono: I use walmart spray paint (less than $1 per can) on everything, so when I come back from the trail I can clean everything and just spray the scratches before they rust. If you line-x or powdercoat, they will get rusty without touch-ups....and you've wasted your money.
If it is just a mall crawler go ahead a make it pretty.

Jess said:
If you plan on actually using the sliders, don't get an expensive coating. :nono: I use walmart spray paint (less than $1 per can) on everything, so when I come back from the trail I can clean everything and just spray the scratches before they rust. If you line-x or powdercoat, they will get rusty without touch-ups....and you've wasted your money.
If it is just a mall crawler go ahead a make it pretty.
on second thought I will prolly just put a nice coat of primer in the rails and spray paint them too (just picked up some of that $.96 a can paint from wally world last night):party: :party:

Back