• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's Your Favorite Beer?

Let's all be honest here...who really drinks beer for the taste though? The point is to create an altered mental state.....both expensive and cheap beer do it effectively, and after teh first 2 or 3 (maybe more, maybe less depending on body weight and tolerances) it all starts to taste the same anyway.
I drink it for taste only. as well as all my friends, if we want a buzz only, we will drink whiskey

Gay.

lone-star-2.jpg

Like we didn't know that was coming.

Is it bad when you drink all the time and it starts to taste like water and go down like water.........

So, why not drink non-alcoholic beer if it is just for the taste? :)
Because non-alcoholic beer tastes like ass?

If people didn't drink beer for taste, there would be no insurgence of micro-brews nor beer fests, all we would have available would be crappy Bud

Tasted much ass have you?

I can think of numerous other reasons for micro-brews. The first of which is the all mighty dollar.

I personally try different beers to see what they taste like, how they work with various foods, smell, coloring, etc. None of that changes the ultimate end though....an altered state of being. Taste is merely one component of the brew.

But I'm sure you're right, there are some people out there that deviate from the norm....there always is in everything. After all, that's what keeps things interesting!

Stay thirsty. :D

Tasted much ass have you?

I can think of numerous other reasons for micro-brews. The first of which is the all mighty dollar.

I personally try different beers to see what they taste like, how they work with various foods, smell, coloring, etc. None of that changes the ultimate end though....an altered state of being. Taste is merely one component of the brew.

But I'm sure you're right, there are some people out there that deviate from the norm....there always is in everything. After all, that's what keeps things interesting!
All I ever drink for beer is Guinness, Murphy's, Beamish, Black Dog, and Shipyard :D
And if you want to know what ass tastes like, either try Bud, or suck on a roll of pennies ;)

He would know what sucking on a roll of pennies is like. Yuck! And I can't stand Guiness; that stuff is too bold in flavor.

Rehab: Bartender Song.

There is no better beer for fishing, pool/lakeside, or BBQing than Lone Star. I have actually driven to 7 beer stores in Plano before I found one that had Lone Star.

At the bar, usually Miller Lite. I was a big Bud Light drinker but Miller Lite has less calories and i was on a diet. Before you ask why I didn't give up beer entirely, I'll tell you this: Because it's BEER! Blasphemer!

If I'm at flying saucer, usually it's St Arnolds Lawnmower or Texas Wheat.

Ziegenbock is good shit too. Shiner is great, but it always gives me a hangover, no matter how much i had.

Also, went to Austin Avenue in Plano the other day (local bar), and there was a guy with a Lone Star Beer t-shirt. I went up to him and told him I'd give him $20 on the spot if he gave me his shirt.

I now have a Lone Star shirt.

Back