• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's wrong with this picture-winter edition

I'm not thin-skinned & yet I'm offended by all the bullshit in this thread. Yes, I agree, even tho I work 11, 12 hours daily (no overtime pay) I still have an old Sony 32" brick of a TV in the living room & a 13" Sharp in my bedroom. No flat screens. I drive an 18 y.o. XJ & an 8 y.o. Dodge. No hi-tech toys besides my computer. Yes, I agree that maybe she has an Escalade or other chromed out hood-mobile out front. But you guys make me ashamed by the hidden innuendoes, the assumptions and the thinly disguised hate.

Maybe they should have run a picture of a TPT white woman/man holding up their bills and see if this thread would even have been started. I have seen stories on TV of (white) families that used to have plenty and now have none. Father/mother sick/unemployed or whatever. Why should people get rid of all their nice stuff when times are hard? Why can't the kids keep some of their toys? Why should some people not get assistance? Which one of you can say for sure that that family hasn't already sold half their stuff? I have been paying unemployment insurance & taxes since 1 month after I set foot in this country 27 years ago & I have got nothing back from it except when I got laid off once. Why can't people get back what they put in? If any of you should fall on hard times, my money will be paying for your bills too.

Maybe they should have run a picture of a TPT white woman/man holding up their bills and see if this thread would even have been started. I have seen stories on TV of (white) families that used to have plenty and now have none. Father/mother sick/unemployed or whatever. Why should people get rid of all their nice stuff when times are hard? Why can't the kids keep some of their toys? Why should some people not get assistance? Which one of you can say for sure that that family hasn't already sold half their stuff? I have been paying unemployment insurance & taxes since 1 month after I set foot in this country 27 years ago & I have got nothing back from it except when I got laid off once. Why can't people get back what they put in? If any of you should fall on hard times, my money will be paying for your bills too.
If they do that, I will say exactly the same thing. I could care less what color someone's skin is.

I have seen plenty of white trash driving blinged out cars around here too, and I make just as much fun of them. Trash is trash, doesn't matter what color it is.

I can get by just fine except for the winter months. Savings help for that, but the government needs to stay the hell out of the assistance business.
Everyone has a story of someone they know that needs help or has seen someone wasting their lives and squandering what they do have. Individual communities and local churches know who needs help and can provide assistance. If we all had the money we pay into these programs, we could locally determine who should get the help. I know I help those that truly need or deserve on a regular basis.

I'm not thin-skinned & yet I'm offended by all the bullshit in this thread. Yes, I agree, even tho I work 11, 12 hours daily (no overtime pay) I still have an old Sony 32" brick of a TV in the living room & a 13" Sharp in my bedroom. No flat screens. I drive an 18 y.o. XJ & an 8 y.o. Dodge. No hi-tech toys besides my computer. Yes, I agree that maybe she has an Escalade or other chromed out hood-mobile out front. But you guys make me ashamed by the hidden innuendoes, the assumptions and the thinly disguised hate.

Seriously? The race card AGAIN?

Trash is trash, regardless of color or origin--the person I posted about above was WHITE--I must have missed the thread instruction to only complain about "others".

Our HOMELESS live better than the poor in most third world countries. Here we help people and don't leave them to die. Unfortunately it has gone far beyond giving someone a helping hand until they get on their feet, and for some--red, white, black, brown, yellow, it has now become their "right" to be supported. Free soup kitchens, free medical, free clothes from different charities, food banks, welfare, food stamps, rent assistance, utility assistance.

Now we are paying for illegal aliens sex change hormone therapy and Penal ED implants while they are in prison. That woman is just another example of a system gone haywire, a system that PAYS young women to have babies, more babies more money.

Enough is enough.

The race card is wearing thin. Did I or anyone else mention whom should receive assistance? I don't give a damn what color you are.
The major problem we as a nation have is the I deserve it mentality. I can't afford my heating bill, instead of selling the trappings of my fine life, I'll bitch about the government not helping me.
I have news for you mr. race card, I and one or two of my non racial friends are about at the end of our tether.
I have stated before and will again.
You have no "right" to health care
you have no "right" to a state sponsored life
You my have no "right" to the money I earn
I apologize to you guys once again, it is very hard to put it in print. At the fire in the woods, we can debate it. I'm not as rude as I come off, I'm way worse.
I would say I'm sorry to make you ashamed by the "hidden innuendos", maybe you should be, ashamed that instead of a point you only have the old you evil white devils b.s. Old, it gets old.

Last edited:
ha.. i used to see this first hand when i worked for the gas utility every friggin day. part of my job was to lock or unlock meters for non payment, i would go into some nasty homes, dirty clothes 4 feet deep in the basement, they get new clothes at goodwill cuz their to lazy to wash them, beer cases stacked to the ceiling , big ass tv's, all the electronics, sometimes a hot car in the driveway, but ,, couldnt afford the gas bill . i dont feel sorry for them at all, sometimes though they trully are in a hardship and those i would do my best to help.

on the other end of the spectrum, i was in a million dollar house this summer to fix an air conditioner, 5 cars in the driveway, bmw ,vette ,mustang, mini van and somthin else, a couple of racing go carts in the basement, i qouted the customer 500 bucks to fix the air conditioner,,,, she couldnt afford it, she said she would go the rest of the summer with out it, maybe living a little beyond their means, i would think

Swampman you hit it one the head "Living Beyond their Means", that goes for people sucking the system dry because they are to lazy to get of there butts and work. My prime example, my brother in law, 35, white, been sucking his mom dry for years, got fired over a year ago, and REFUSES to go to the Day Labor in SLC and do manual labor because it is beneath him. Piece of Crap in my book, told him and my mother-in-law for allowing him to be this way.

The system is half the problem, the other is people living off of it that are capable of earning a buck. My 02. if you receive assistance please pee in the cup, fill it up to the line before you recieve a check, the people who really need it will have no problem with it...

I don't care about any race or color. Ride that crutch if you want but that's all it is.

PS nominated

I just love working my A$$ off so some dead beat can complain about her heating bills. Maybe that big ol brand new TV will heat her house....worthless B*&^%h.

My dollars at work for the Obama voter.

Here is the catch if you see me in that situation, your money will be paying my bills not being used to purchase worthless junk.

While I am at it I will also echo the sentiment of others. When comes to race, skin color, or ethnicity, I don't care. Stupid comes in every shade known to man and I call it as I see it. If you want to ride the race bus then you ride it alone.

I have plenty of nice crap and I can barely pay my bills, the wife and I together used to pull in 120k a year. now we lost the house and the two new cars, times are rough.

I'll be damned if I'm selling my TV though ;) I love how everyone assumes she ran out and bought it then started asking for assistance with heating bills, I must have missed the part of the article that said it was brand new.

...,you guys make me ashamed by the hidden innuendoes, the assumptions and the thinly disguised hate.

Maybe they should have run a picture of a TPT white woman/man holding up their bills and see if this thread would even have been started. I have seen stories on TV of (white) families that used to have plenty and now have none. Father/mother sick/unemployed or whatever.
I didn't post this because the photo showed a black woman. I posted it because it was a photo attached to a story about charity public assistance, quoting a woman standing in front of a 3000 dollar TV, bitching that she couldn't get help to pay her utility bills.
Why should people get rid of all their nice stuff when times are hard? Why can't the kids keep some of their toys? Why should some people not get assistance? Which one of you can say for sure that that family hasn't already sold half their stuff? I have been paying unemployment insurance & taxes since 1 month after I set foot in this country 27 years ago & I have got nothing back from it except when I got laid off once. Why can't people get back what they put in? If any of you should fall on hard times, my money will be paying for your bills too.
Why should a person sell off all their expensive possessions during hard times? To pay their important bills(like gas/electric, NOT cable/cell), and put food on the table for their family because they didn't save enough during the good times.

This wasn't about unemployment insurance. 'Last I checked, if you're eligible you can get 14/28 weeks depending on the state you live in. Currently, the federal govt. is extending that to 68-99 weeks(depending on state/situation) They're looking at extending it further. Unemployment has nothing to do with charity programs. Probably half the people eligible for most charity programs are employed low wage workers,... and the ones who deserve it aren't standing in front of a television that cost more then a decent car.

And yeah, I would have started this thread if it was a white chick,... or a white guy,... or Donald Trump.

....blah blah blah...I have been paying unemployment insurance & taxes since 1 month after I set foot in this country 27 years ago & I have got nothing back from it except when I got laid off once. Why can't people get back what they put in? If any of you should fall on hard times, my money will be paying for your bills too.
psst! Did you know EMPLOYERS pay into Unemployment, not you?

Look at your paycheck sniggs, there'll be a spot says UI under your deductions. You pay into also.

"Kelley said she was unemployed for a year before recently landing a job. But her bills have stacked up while she was unemployed, and she needs the assistance."

I get that some people need help sometimes, but that T.V. would sure pay alot of the bills that "stacked up". I sold my motorcycles, car parts, electronics, and anything else I could to get quick cash after I was laid off. Not to mention the crap work you do to feed the little one and keep the heat on. Race is not the issue here, the fundmental values that made this country great are being tossed out. Laziness and irresponsibility are now rewarded while personal responsibility and common sense are frowned upon, and in some instances punished (i.e. the banks not loaning money while having great credit).

The energy some people put into having the government take care of them was directed to more productive means, imagine how we could turn this economy around. The race card is becoming the poster child for the demise of the U.S. We are all Americans, so let's be that! We are here to be the greatest country on the planet, not the greatest users of excuses to why we can't be, or get the job done. BTW, still unemployed, no unemployment since 8 months after being laid off. That was almost 2 years ago and I'm still able to pay for my responsibilities at the end of the month. It's not easy, but like I said, some hard work and less excuses we can turn this s@#% show around.:us:

Last edited:
I have seen plenty of white trash driving blinged out cars around here too, and I make just as much fun of them. Trash is trash, doesn't matter what color it is.

Ken, I don't think you could have said that any better. I grew up in a trailer but you can damn well guarantee I am not trash. Some of my neighbors, however, were questionable. :D

I get that some people need help sometimes, but that T.V. would sure pay alot of the bills that "stacked up". I sold my motorcycles, car parts, electronics, and anything else I could to get quick cash after I was laid off.

Yeah, shit happens and you gotta get rid of toys, luckily when I was laid off it didn't get to that point! :cheers:

Who wants to pick a fight just before Chrissmus? Not me. I'm not one to play "that card" because as an immigrant, I have more to show for my hard work for about half my lifetime than many Americans my age (blk/wht) who have been here all their life. I have more in common with you guys than those that "look like me" - so to speak. And I'm very familiar with the pimp-mobiles in the hood ... & all that goes along with it.
I wasn't trying to come off the way I was understood, and my apologies to any reasonable people who can see my point. However, let's talk INNUENDO, guys. The 2 statements below are full of it, & that's what set me off (not to mention the pic), because there is so much of it here & many of the forums I frequent.
What color Lincoln Navigator ya'll figure is parked in the driveway?
I was figuring it was an Escalade with 30" blindingly chromed rimz.
Jeeping, offroading - there are not many of "me" in this world, and I take a lot of crap from people I share a certain passion with. I swallow/ignore/forgive a lot, both from certain threads, strangers on the trails, club members etc. I see the political threads (headlines) & I usually avoid them. Don't y'all try to dodge the issue - the hate, racism & nastiness is here every day. But times are hard for us all & ALL we need to not be so judgemental.
If I lost my job again, dammit, I ain't giving up my most expensive 4-wheeled toy until I start eating the parts. Let that woman keep her TV & the kids toys ... prolly keep them off the streets.

And y'all practice some tolerance if only for this one week - let the hatefulness go ... it's Chrissmus.

Really sorry that was taken wrong.

Around these parts, I can guarantee that an Escalade will be:
* stock, and driven by an old rich retiree. Will probably cut me off.
* stock except a massive sound system, limo tint, and bling rims. Driven by some retard (I have seen pretty much every color of person possible represented here) with the windows down and the "music" blaring in the summer, or the windows up in the winter, at which point I haven't a clue what color the driver is because I can't see them.

I can't wait to get out of this hellhole of a city, the house I bought is in a town where everyone drives rusty beat up pickups instead. Much more my style.

Basically every cent I spend these days is with one goal - making me as independent as possible as soon as possible. I'm really tired of landlords and creditors, I only have to deal with landlords for at most another 4 months and creditors for another few years. Still have to deal with the government though :( oh well, can't escape that.

And you can bet I would not hesitate to sell every electronic device I own, aside from my phone and multimeter, if I found myself jobless and having to pay the bills somehow. I don't own any consumer electronics though, really, so it probably wouldn't gain me much.

Back