• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats alls music that they like?

Prowler

NAXJA Forum User
I like country, bluegrass, rock, (VERY LITTLE rap)
Favorite Bands
Country-Undecided...To many good songs. :worship:
Bluegrass-Just know songs not bands :scottm:
Rock-Hawthorne Heights is favorite bands. :listenmus
Heavy Rock-Disturbed :flame:
rap-fireman (only time I listen to rap is when im in the setting) :looser:

Blues, particularly Howlin' Wolf and Muddy Waters, especially after Waters got together with Johnny Winter.

Rock; Classic to Punk to Alternative to Metal.

Rock and Roll 'til your ears bleed!

Oy...

Classic Rock, but not much new stuff.
Early Rap, before it went all "gangsta" and "ghetto." You know - back when you could tell it was still growing out of Funk.
Funk.
some R&B
Blues (John Lee Hooker, Eddy Clearwater, Bo Diddly, &c.)
Folk (especially Loudon Wainwright III and John Prine)
Some of the newer "country" that resembles Rock (like Toby Keith,) as well as some Martina McBride and the like.
Jimmy Buffett (sorry - he deserves his own category!)
Bluegrass (can't help it - I can appreciate the skill of a good banjo player...)
limited Classical
early Metal
Acid Rock
some Shock Rock

Face it - I just have eclectic tastes...

I like the searchers, the reposters use to be good until you heard them on every station then I just got sick of em.

BIgDaddyChia said:
I listen to a little of everything. I cant stand much rap these days but anything made before say 98 is good.
I agree, i also love to curl up next to the fireplace and forget all my problems with a little PANTERA! and metallica or some fear factory, NIN, alice in chains.
:firedevil

I listen to some of everything. Country and disco would be at the bottom of my list, with heavy metal and rock at the top. As long as it's heavy, I'll give it a listen.

Not all that is called "rock" actually rocks. Not all that "rocks", is called rock.

Ramsey said:
I like the searchers, the reposters use to be good until you heard them on every station then I just got sick of em.

The only reposters Ive heard was on record, and since it was scrached it skipped and played over and over...much like the proverbial broken record...

Currently streaming IcebergRadio.com-Blues Spectrum. Percy Mayfield, The Monkey Song :D

Fine I'll play.

Current tune is Millencolin-No cigar

If you like rock/punk/pop punk, definetly look into them.

Ramsey said:
Fine I'll play.

Current tune is Millencolin-No cigar

If you like rock/punk/pop punk, definetly look into them.

I remember them from 94-95. good skate rock and then "no cigar" was on Tony Hawks Underground, I think number 2. They're pretty cool. Now that I have satellite radio, I've found an alternative station that is pretty much all of the good '90s stuff. I listen to everything though except country and r & b. I don't live in Texas and I am an early 30's California kid that skated for 18 years and have snowboarded for 15 so I just can't deal with the country music mentality. I guess it's also that I don't think America is number 1 (oh no, did I just say that?) I am a white surburban guy so I also love hardcore rap. It brings out my blackness and makes me "hardcore" :) It's usually rock though for me new and old, until I feel like poppin' a cap.

Skynyrd ... 1st and formost!

Zepp
Beatles
Brooks and Dunn
Mongomery Gentry
Molly Hatchet
Waylon
Allman Brothers
Neil Young

Shit like that .

I love it .

Lot o Pantera fans here. Cool. I'm just happy that "metal" has finally come back around to being ... well ... available even. At least without looking underground or at bible bookstores.

Depends on my mood.Usually its Pantera, Fear Factory,Opeth,Rebel Meets Rebel, Prong,Slayer, old Metallica, Sacred Reich, etc.

I like the '60s and '70s tunes on long road trips.I'm also a Jimmy Buffett fan.

Cant stand gangsta rap or any country music made after the early-mid '80s

Oh yeah. You remind me of other 80s metal like Epidemic, Overkill, and Armored Saint. I even still have a lot of Anthrax in my collection.

Sometimes my mood swings me into foreign metal like Rammstein and KMFDM. There's some Japanese dudes that can rock, too.

Back