• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats a good air compressor for my tires for a good deal??

Anyone that fills C02 for sport use is gonna rape you. Guys, as said 1000 times in similar threads, ANY WELDING SHOP CAN SWAP C02 TANKS FOR $10-$12! Alot of places do NOT refill because of the danger involving refilling stations so they simply take your tank and give you a full one.

I bought a MV-50 compressor of ebay for $15 and it fills my 32's from 12 PSI to 32 PSI in under 5 mins each.

Best compressor for the money IMHO.
Do you not find it aggrivating waiting for 20 minutes to air up? LOL! A couple of buddies also have those and they ALL (100%) wish they had C02. Not to mention after 20 minutes of use, your compressor could cook an egg.

I get that a welding shop can refill the tank but where can you buy the tank initially and on average what does one cost? 20# or 24#?

I paid an initial $60 for my full 20lb tank, but I think the going rate is about $90

Thanks. From a welding shop?

Tractor Supply does those Thoughbred welding tanks where you can swap them out at their store. Might see what one would cost there.

Do you not find it aggrivating waiting for 20 minutes to air up? LOL! A couple of buddies also have those and they ALL (100%) wish they had C02. Not to mention after 20 minutes of use, your compressor could cook an egg.

It does not bother me to spend 20 mins after a ride airing up. I usually spend that time putting discos back on, checking for damage, leaks, packing my gear, or just hanging out talking about the day with my buddies. I am not in a rush to get on the road after a ride. I figure the Jeep deserves a break after what I just put it through.

They can get a tad warm. It has never been a problem for me. I just put it back in the bag and toss it in the spare tire well.

Well then, if it works for you, use it. Sometime you should go on a ride with us and listen to everyone else as they are airing up with the Costco compressors. They all grumble. 100% of them. Once you use C02, it's hard to go back. It's like watching a 27" TV for years and then ging to a 52" Flat panel LCD. All of a sudden, watching a 27" becomes like watching a computer monitor. ;)

The MV-50 is hands above most any other cheapo compressor out there.

I have used CO2 before. I don't like them for the fact they take up too much needed space in the hatch and they seem to always run out when you need them most.

Back