• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is a "used" but working ARB D-30 locker worth?

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I have a used D-30 ARB that I horse traded around for. It will actuate and seems to work fine. I have not run it in my XJ nor do I plan on it, I like Detroits.

It is in a housing w/4.56 gears but it needs new bearings. This D-30 has seen some mud at some point and the bearings are crunchy. The gears are still useable, the housing is straight, the locker works when air is applied. The D-30 housing only has 60k on it(out of a 98 XJ)

Whats it worth?

I have got 400 IIRC for a older style 'used' ARB.

Just for the locker? Thats a fair price. These things a $950 new

I plan on tearing the axle down and selling it either separate or as a whole but I do want someone to just stick some shafts/gear lube in this thing and try to run it, it won't last with the bearings the way they are.

I was thinking; $425 for the locker, $30 for the 4.56 gear set, $50 for the housing or $475 for the all three components.

The ball joints/knuckles are good, the axle is missing the shafts, calipers, rotors, unit bearings.

Back