• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What I did this weekend

mk153smaw said:
Shoot, just stick some ball pins in the hiinge holes. then you can pull them out when you want the doors off and stick them back in when you want them on. I did it and love how easy it is with the help of someone holding the door. PITA when it is just me.
X2... easy in, easy out... and the doors come plum off

mk153smaw said:
Shoot, just stick some ball pins in the hiinge holes. then you can pull them out when you want the doors off and stick them back in when you want them on. I did it and love how easy it is with the help of someone holding the door. PITA when it is just me.

What size pins go in the '93 hinges?

mk153smaw said:
I just shortened the existing pins and refit the sleeve again. It works fine. The doors aren't too heavy, but it's a PITA trying to put them back on at night. Also, when I was doing the first removal I managed to destroy one of my tweeters. Fantastic. Now I have vocals and highs from one side of the Jeep. It sounds pretty lame. But, I'm thinking some marine approved Polk components are a good choice. And a new head unit so I can use an MP3 player on the go. Man. The list of things to do is just getting longer...

lowrange2 said:
What size pins go in the '93 hinges?

I just went to Tractor Supply and got some about 5/16ish and just drilled out the old pins. Just take a bit that is about the same size and match it up to a pin. The pins come in a ton of sizes and legnths.

Starscream said:
I just shortened the existing pins and refit the sleeve again. It works fine. The doors aren't too heavy, but it's a PITA trying to put them back on at night. Also, when I was doing the first removal I managed to destroy one of my tweeters. Fantastic. Now I have vocals and highs from one side of the Jeep. It sounds pretty lame. But, I'm thinking some marine approved Polk components are a good choice. And a new head unit so I can use an MP3 player on the go. Man. The list of things to do is just getting longer...

Want something cool. Look at the VR3 GPS/DVD stereo for under 400. Walmart sells it for 380. That unit is an awsome one stop shop from what it looks like. I got some waterproof speakers from an Overtons catalog for boats, from kenwood, for a nice price.

mk153smaw said:
Want something cool. Look at the VR3 GPS/DVD stereo for under 400. Walmart sells it for 380. That unit is an awsome one stop shop from what it looks like. I got some waterproof speakers from an Overtons catalog for boats, from kenwood, for a nice price.
That is pretty sweet, but I don't even wanna think about how the hell I would get that to be a clean install.

Starscream said:
That is pretty sweet, but I don't even wanna think about how the hell I would get that to be a clean install.

it fits in a single din slot!!! I went to Walmart and saw it in the display. It should fit perfectly. I am contemplatng buying it maybe next month.
I want to see more of the GPS capability, looks like a Tom Tom

Back