• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do i need to be Legal in NY?

Beserker

NAXJA Forum User
Greetings from the MWC! I am transferring to Ft Drum NY (Watertown) area in a couple of weeks and was wondering if Im legal. I grew up on a vineyard over near Erie PA, but lived in MN the last 10 years for grad school and work. Im thinking NY may be a little more picky than MN about tire coverages, lift (bumper) heights, and such. I remember NY has pretty tough yearly inspections...grrr
Specs:
(2001,4.0, auto) 60mm TB, 5.5" lift, 33x12.50s on 3.75" BS rims. DynoMax cat back, JCR stage 4 front bumper....these are the specs im concerned about..
-anyone running a larger bore TB with a Cat-back having emissions problems?
-i run bushwhackers as well and hope they are enuff coverage....its pretty even, maybe a 1/4inch outside....
-the JCR bumper rides pretty high, is there a heigth limit from pavement to bottom of bumper?
Thanks for any light anyone could shed on this for me....
Fred

i drove right by the troopers barracks for a month or two with wheels that look like they have 12" spacers, as long as they don't "look unsafe" you will be fine but if the cop is in one of those moods he'll get you anyways.

Doug

there are no coverage laws in NY only a total width law you should be ok. Are you going into the 10th Mt. Div?

Gabe, thanks for the info. no Im no longer in the Army, im working there as the new wildlife biologist.

Sean, thanks for the link and the info.. hope to see you both on the trails... cheers!

Back