• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you call my Jeep???!!!

Hmmm ... I chose my clunky relic for that boxy look ... I had a choice, I could have purchased a newer model, but the older ones have that great square look to them, reminiscent of older Land Rovers (grin). I don't want a streamlined 4wd, save that for the sports cars. I love my clunky relic.

But maybe I'll put a spoiler on it :rolleyes:

I love my 88 all i am sayin is that you guys are bashing something you don't own....or have never really trail tried it....but you are entitled to your opinion

Honestly,this is an XJ forum/association. I have driven the KJ on both street and mild trail. This was prior to buying my XJ. Having decided to buy what I did, it would not matter if the other was the greatest thing since sliced bread, I would bag on it. That's the way it is, that's the way I am. Guess what? I'm OK with that. BIAS? You bet! If this were a KJ forum GUESS WHAT? Then it just might be the XJ that gets flamed. Let it be known that I am a big enough man to accept that they are entitled to their own misguided oppinions about their inferior "Jeeps".
Let's face it though, I'm sure they will be really handy for pulling CRV's and Escapes off of wet grass. From time to time they may even pull an H2 off being hi-centered on an over inflated ego.
Guess what? Bummers get flamed here TOO.

:moon:

lol... roflmao..... LOL ROFLMAO ok.... this is fun :D

old88xj, you gotta take things easy and relax. I hope you would see my smiley and the rest of my post as a way to loosen up tention, but it appears that you missed it.. oh well. As Tim said though, this is an XJ forum, and appart from a lot of what we're saying being the truth, you have to keep in mind that we're blaming the KJ (kill jeep :( ) for the earlier then promised demise of the XJ. XJ was supposed to be made for one more year, but the KJ didn't really sell till they axed the XJ a year earlier. It greatly saddened me as I was hoping that they would realize the terrible error they're making and they will stick with the XJ for a bit longer, like they did during the ZJ days. From what I remember reading, the ZJ was considered to replace the XJ but due to XJ's remainng high sales and decent sales of the ZJ as well, they kept both....

Ok.... that does it..... Tim we gotta hit the trail again :D I might have a free day in two weeks..... roughly in two weeks... you up for it? I might look for something that your son can do as well :D and I gotta find new grounds to take a wrong turn, or I might make you show me around your stomping grounds :)

Kejtar

Sounds good. I was looking for sombody to go with today. Ethan wouldn't even go!

I know why Ethan wouldn't go.... every time his dad promises him that he might get some time behind the wheel.... he ends up being only a passenger :D

:gee:

Back