• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing this weekend?

Glenn B

Member #69
NAXJA Member
Today is my Saturday.
Lubing, checking suspension/steering, fluids, and loading up the Jeep. And drinking beer.

Tomorrow, kid and I are heading out to the desert at 7am to pre-run a course for an upcoming race (Awesome innagural race... details later today or tomorrow). She is pretty excited, even though it will be 100 degrees or more, and no AC.

If all goes well on the pre-run, may join another group at 11am and keep wheeling. Otherwise kid and I will head home to spend time with wife and drink beer. And enjoy the swamp cooler.

Pretty much the same today..

Heading up to NAC-Fest in the early am... just called the group and theres been a few breakages, might be gathering parts tonight.

Pretty much the same today..

Heading up to NAC-Fest in the early am... just called the group and theres been a few breakages, might be gathering parts tonight.

Have a great time! I heard Lobster broke a winch?

I am hoping nothing breaks on mine. :shhh:

Today is my Saturday.
Lubing, checking suspension/steering, fluids, and loading up the Jeep. And drinking beer.

Tomorrow, kid and I are heading out to the desert at 7am to pre-run a course for an upcoming race (Awesome innagural race... details later today or tomorrow). She is pretty excited, even though it will be 100 degrees or more, and no AC.

If all goes well on the pre-run, may join another group at 11am and keep wheeling. Otherwise kid and I will head home to spend time with wife and drink beer. And enjoy the swamp cooler.
Having grown up in the desert in the days before air conditioning was common, a mister bottle goes a long way or at least buy a small cooler and fill it with crushed ice to eat. Have a good time.

Having grown up in the desert in the days before air conditioning was common, a mister bottle goes a long way or at least buy a small cooler and fill it with crushed ice to eat. Have a good time.

They had ice when ya came west on the wagon trains? :wave1:
I always bring a cooler, ice, dinking water (lots) and 6 or so gallons of water in gallon jugs.
Thanks, should be a blast! Nothing better than being out in the Jeep. Just hope I do not have to tug the pre-runner truck out too many times. :)

Is fun to see the course before the race, then see it after the big trucks have raced it. I think there are already over twenty 4400 class trucks signed up. Would be cool to see some Jeepspeed racers come out for it.

I do remember the swamp cooler that hung out the window. :doh:

I hadnt heard Johnny broke a winch... i'll have to add that to the list.

Have a good time tomorrow Glenn, you sure been busier than when you were in Dirty Jersey...

I hadnt heard Johnny broke a winch... i'll have to add that to the list.

Have a good time tomorrow Glenn, you sure been busier than when you were in Dirty Jersey...

Saw that on facebook.

In Jersey, was nowhere to legally wheel, so I could not enjoy the sport much. Well, Pine Barrens, but I hate mud.

I try to go wheeling once a month, more when I can. Great having a few places so close to my house.

Saw that on facebook.

In Jersey, was nowhere to legally wheel, so I could not enjoy the sport much. Well, Pine Barrens, but I hate mud.

I try to go wheeling once a month, more when I can. Great having a few places so close to my house.

I hear ya... when Paragon closed i switched gears.

I keep waiting on a report of you hangin with Intrepid and Handlebars on one of their epic runs...

I hear ya... when Paragon closed i switched gears.

I keep waiting on a report of you hangin with Intrepid and Handlebars on one of their epic runs...

Intrepid is around here? Have met up with DaJudge and Handlebars a couple times for lunch. Alex was even so kind as to give me his spare front shafts. Great guys. Have not wheeled with them yet, but now that I am in a new job with a regular schedule... it may be possible.

Knocking out bugs, I just moved my entire companies IT including telco from one building to our new 60,000 sq ft one that will have not only a store but a bar and restaurant. Started the move at 0600 this morning and I am on the net now enjoying a good spicy Nicaraguan and some ice water. I'm only on a 60meg cable modem but the 100meg pipe will be up as soon as the cisco router gets here from paetec. It is amazing what you can do with a Cisco/linksys E3000 and DD-WRT.....

Intrepid is around here? Have met up with DaJudge and Handlebars a couple times for lunch. Alex was even so kind as to give me his spare front shafts. Great guys. Have not wheeled with them yet, but now that I am in a new job with a regular schedule... it may be possible.

Randy lives in Grand Junction, CO.

As for the question in post one.. Maybe I'll finally get around to changing the oil in the '96. We'll see, hard to get around to that stuff with two kiddos to worry about.

I have RFCs in for tonight starting in 75 minutes through tomorrow at 0600, and Sunday morning from 0400 to 0800. It's not going to be a pleasant weekend.

Schmucks. Enjoy your wheeling.

lifting my new xj on sunday (hopefully) then replacing exhaust and both radiator hoses, getting 31's mounted and throwing them on

then convincing myself to put off the front main seal and tranny cooler for a while =)

Prepping the Jeep for the Cherokee Crawl. Thursday my cousin and I threw the lockright up front, Yesterday I changed the oil and today I installed my JCR taillights. I am going to replace the dinky factory tie downs in the back with some that have a 900lb capacit here in a little while. Going to the local AutoX tomorrow to watch some buddies run their cars.

I will be in Harlan, KY at the Crawl in 2 days!

Back