• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well???

ECKSJAY said:
Sasquatch got them all, I heard.

Twas horrible.

Can't talk about it.

Don't ever bring up this weekend again.

:moon:

So did you go? Or was the brakeline acting up again?
:repair:

Got photos?

I was there along with 5 other XJ's and 1 TJ. We broke in to two groups of 3 for the trail runs (one group of 3 with lockers, one group without).

The group without lockers ran up Ravens Roost, got incredibly muddy, all got stuck several times, had one broken front drive shaft and one tire needing a plug, one alternator fried in the mud, and one radiator clogged with mud.

The group with lockers ran up to funny rocks (the long way). Cam back clean and had one broken tie rod and bent drag link, two broken front axles (one on one side, one on the other).

I am sure there other less obvious carnage, but that is the basics. I did not stick around very long after breakfast on Sunday because I needed to get back to beat the heat of the day (I had the clogged radiator and fried alt, it made a for a very long and intersting trip back which I will write about soon).

The weekend was excelent, had a wonderful time, wonderful meal, great door prizes, great family atmostphere, all ages and abilities, definetly a event to put on the calander for next year. I really enjoyed meeting others in the group, loved wheeling with them and can not wait to do it again. My wife has already said that next year we will bring the camper and bring the whole family.

Special thanks to all of those that made this event such a wonderful experience, from trip and trail planning to food planning and preperation.

Thanks for everything,
Michael

John90XJ said:
So did you go? Or was the brakeline acting up again?
:repair:

Got photos?

Ladies and gentlemen, it's the President of my Official Sackriders' Club.

Getting crowded down there yet? :kissyou:

To answer your questions, no I didn't go. I spent time with my family and was trying to figure out what to do with this fireplace in my new house. Have any suggestions? I really like it the way it is and I'd just cry if anyone messed with it too much.

:rattle:

Northwest Fest was First Class. I had a great time with a bunch of great people. Great food was had by all for all. Thanks to our Meal coordinator (Willis and Lillieann) nobody went hungry.:party:

And what can I say about the trail coordinator. Next year it is going to be tough to better the job that Howard(hards91xj) did. Kudos to Howard.:worship:

The raffle was great everybody walked away with stuff especially Tom.(Anozireth) Thank you to Central 4 Wheel Drive for donating several big ticket items. And Howard for getting the raffle all together.

Next year we will have one year under our belt. So with some new found knowledge and experience I am sure that our Second Annual Northwest Fest will be even better. :party1:

ECKSJAY said:
To answer your questions, no I didn't go. I spent time with my family and was trying to figure out what to do with this fireplace in my new house. Have any suggestions? I really like it the way it is and I'd just cry if anyone messed with it too much.

Ooooh...that stings. Too bad it quit being funny 3 years ago.

I was hoping you had gone because you are a decent photographer and I was looking for some good photos. It's nice to see a dedicated videographer/photographer on a run, someone that can record the event with enough shots to provide continuity.

Our Rubicon trip last week yielded about 5 hours of actual video and close to 1,000 still photos. Was hoping to see the same thing here.

John90XJ said:
Ooooh...that stings. Too bad it quit being funny 3 years ago.

I was hoping you had gone because you are a decent photographer and I was looking for some good photos. It's nice to see a dedicated videographer/photographer on a run, someone that can record the event with enough shots to provide continuity.

Our Rubicon trip last week yielded about 5 hours of actual video and close to 1,000 still photos. Was hoping to see the same thing here.

Thanks John. Unfortunately 'life' has been happening for me over the last year or so, which leaves Jeep unprepared and camera on the store shelf. ;) I've got the stinkin' 1GB CompactFlash cards sitting here waiting to go in it though! :looney:

Back