• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

VIBRATION WITH FRONT DRIVE SHAFT

FL. 2001 XJ

NAXJA Forum User
2001 jeep cherokee classic with 3.5 rubicon express lift.
after installing lift. had big time vibes, installed slip yoke eliminator. removed transfer case drop kit. Drove jeep with out rear drive shaft because I am waiting for drive shaft, but now I still have bad vibration from front drive shaft. Is this common? Should I put the transfer case drop back in?

did the lift come with Lower control arms AND upper control arms. i found that after doing my lift, and installing longer lower control arms it lowered my pinion angle which caused vibes upfront. also check the u-joints. my main source of vibes ive found to come from the CV joint wearing out. they are rebuildable, but you can usually just get another driveshaft from a junkyard for less then it costs to rebuild it.

also if the slip joint has any play in it then the driveshaft is junk. theres no rebuilding that

thanks for all replies I will check the u-joints and the drive shaft, but I had no vibrations before. I do have a low pinion diff in the front I think this could be my problem, but I didn't think that 3.5 in' of lift would be a problem. Has any one had a problem with low pinion diffs with this much lift? or know any one that that has had this problem with low pinion diffs?

I have a LP D30 in my '00. Vibes started after a Rusty's 3" lift and stock LCAs. I didn't do anything about it and developed a leak in my front pinion seal over time. Now I'm at 4" and deeper gears so the vibs start at lower speeds (50-55mph). I know my pinion angle needs attention. If my vibes continue after the pinion angle is corrected then I'll move to other options. Hope that is of some help.

Thanks for reply. My vibration starts at 20 mph and gets worse the harder I
accelerate. I have not done alignment nor checked pinion angle. I due have fixed lower control arms that came with the lift kit and have rubicon express fixed upper control arms that are a bit longer than stock. these upper control arms came with the older rubicon lifts.

My XJ had vibes after I installed the 3.5 RE superflex. The TC drop helped but I still needed a SYE. The shop that installed the SYE for me suggested I keep the TC drop. Now the vibes don't start till 65 mph. With 411 gears I can't complain....

thanks for all replies I will check the u-joints and the drive shaft, but I had no vibrations before. I do have a low pinion diff in the front I think this could be my problem, but I didn't think that 3.5 in' of lift would be a problem. Has any one had a problem with low pinion diffs with this much lift? or know any one that that has had this problem with low pinion diffs?
Im still running a LP D30 at 6" of lift,no vibes in over 8yrs.

My XJ had vibes after I installed the 3.5 RE superflex. The TC drop helped but I still needed a SYE. The shop that installed the SYE for me suggested I keep the TC drop. Now the vibes don't start till 65 mph. With 411 gears I can't complain....

ANy ideas on how to fix that? I am running a 6.5" lift on 35s (3.55 gears are gettin swapped to 4.56 soon) i have checked alot. replacing all TRE's and getting a camber kit to see if that solves it. after that I am lost. bad vibes at 65 are killin me on the freeway. CA roads are bad enough without the vibe too.

Last edited:
Back