• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vents

Tony G

NAXJA Forum User
When I turn on my a/c or just the air vents it only blows out the d-frost vents.I have no control where the air goes no matter where I put the switch.

Check all your vacume lines going into the canister under the battery tray on the drivers side. Mine was doing the same thing and found the vacume line thats rund by the battery was dry rotted thru.

its either a vacuum line or my '99 had the switch in the dash which allows it to switch between these break twice...:mad:
thankfully its still under warranty...

This is just a shot in the dark, but did you install a new radio in the dash lately? I've heard that by doing this you can knock a vac line loose on the back of the heater sw assy. Just a thought

Hello all, I've been lurking out here since I got my latest Jeep, the 91 Sport, a few months ago. So far, I've seen all kinds of things that have helped me with my Jeep, (it's a little bit of a hoopty, but that's why I bought it), anyways...

My A/C is acting up the same way, only my air transfers to the defrost under acceleration, if I'm just cruising, or idling, it's fine.

My friend that I bought it from had the stereo and antenna replaced right before I bought it. Where should I look inside in the dash?

Thanks.

Thats what my was doing befor but now it's stuck on d-frost.I've checked all the vacume hoses and they seem to be working. Also I haven't put a new stereo in.

Look under the pressure bottle, you will see a hard plastic line running toward thre firewall. The tubing will be worn through right near the bottle, check it all, by touch.

Rev

The vacuum bottle ("blimp") itself may be cracked. If it won't hold vacuum, that's what the system does. A small leak will allow the vents to work correctly when the engine can produce enough vacuum to suck faster than the crack leaks, but going up grades the throttle is open and the engine vacuum drops. That's why it has a vacuum reservoir, and if the reservoir won't hold vacuum to dash vents default to the defrost position.

Tony G said:
Is the vacuum bottle under the front right side?

Yes. Right front, tucked up behind the bumper.

Back