• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Two Tone

so, stupid newb question.

what is up with just painting the rear quarter panels black? there are 2 local XJs both painted like the first pics posted. one is all green but with black rear quarters, the other is blue with black rockers and quarters.

but my XJ will soon be a two tone, OD green up top, flat black below the body line

so, stupid newb question.

what is up with just painting the rear quarter panels black? there are 2 local XJs both painted like the first pics posted. one is all green but with black rear quarters, the other is blue with black rockers and quarters.

but my XJ will soon be a two tone, OD green up top, flat black below the body line

They probably have the rear with diamond plate for protection.

i two toned mine today as well kinda
DSCN1126.jpg

Anyone have pictures of a two door two-toned? My 99 has decent paint, but is getting some cancer where she was hit on the back left side. guess the body shop did a poor job. there are some bubbles just above the rockers behind the door, and above the rear fender flare, so i am thinking of using some liner to seal it up/ hide it, but im a little hesitant. Dont want to make it look worse, cause its decently clean. sorry to hyjack
john

Anyone have pictures of a two door two-toned? My 99 has decent paint, but is getting some cancer where she was hit on the back left side. guess the body shop did a poor job. there are some bubbles just above the rockers behind the door, and above the rear fender flare, so i am thinking of using some liner to seal it up/ hide it, but im a little hesitant. Dont want to make it look worse, cause its decently clean. sorry to hyjack
john

mine is whats left of a two door.

Here's a pic of a Jeep I really like two-toned. I really love the orange color, I kinda wish mine was painted that color.
6824751256.jpg

Now, my Jeep is a purple color. It's alright but whenever I scratch it or damage it I can't just go to Autozone and grab a can of spray paint and it will be ok. I had a can of paint mixed for me for like 15 bucks from NAPA which worked ok but it was so thin that it took like 15 coats to get my fender flare to even come close to matching.
Now here's my thing. I damaged the lower sides (underneath the door scrapes) on like 3 out of 4 doors, and was thinking of the two tone, but instead of black, a different color. Like silver. Does anyone have any pics of a different two-tone like silver? Here's a pic of mine, thanks. Otherwise I'll need to figure out how to paint this thing with the right color, better.
Picture112.jpg

Maybe I won't go with the silver. I just wish my color was easier to obtain because I scratch it a lot and I hate how it looks with scratches.

Here's mine. It started out pretty crappy. Very straight, just worn, really:

DSC05070.jpg

-I removed the pinstripe
-heavily prepped and sanded worn-out clearcoat.
-painted the body with satin rustoleum black
(roll-on with high density foam roller)
-Repainted flares and lower panels with Hammered rustoleum silver.
-painted grill and surrounds with satin black

Looks a lot better, IMO:
DSC08580r.jpg

DSC08581r.jpg

total cost: $40.00 or so

I just finished mine today.

freshpaint003.jpg

freshpaint001.jpg

A before pic. Just for comparison.

35s2.jpg

hey bosco, that just a flat black rattlecan or a bedliner material? looks good

That would be rustoleum truck bedliner from a rattlecan. I bought 5 cans from walmart for under $8 a can.

Back