• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Pic's And Report

I met up with xjeepers2 (Daniel) in Vancouver at 9:00 on Saturday. From there we made our way to TSF, and pulled into camp around 11:00. Judging from the fact that Mike and Goldie were still asleep, we had a pretty good idea how the night before went. ;)

After we aired down and disconnected we set out to find the rest of the group. I figured Firebreak Five would be a good place to start.

Daniel coming up the first section.
IMG_1414Large.jpg

Avacado
IMG_1415Large.jpg

We caught the rest of the group at the rock garden on the second section. Rod was leading the pack, but a bent draglink ended his run.
IMG_1418Large.jpg

Daniel giving it a go. He had a good pace going until his rear drive shaft decided to part ways from the vehicle. Unfortunately, spare parts were non-existent in the group, and they had to front wheel it to Banks.
IMG_1419Large.jpg

The rest of the group continued on up the trail. The fourth section gets pretty tight, and unfortunately the full size we had tagging along had to find this out the hard way.
IMG_1423Large.jpg

It was painful to watch, but he kept a good attitude about it. Spotting was pretty much impossible, contact was happening either way.
IMG_1425Large.jpg

After a quick lunch, we made our way to Mini Rubicon. Ken (R Cranium) was first to give it a shot. He a good line going, but lost traction at the last minute. This in turn made his rear diff kiss rock.
IMG_1433Large.jpg

After a little bit of winching he was free. We found the OEM skids weakpoint though.
IMG_1438Large.jpg

For those of us still wanting to wheel, we headed to Can Opener on Archers Firebreak. Marc (95heep) made a quick run up it first, before I had the camera out. I did catch Grant (Spolar93) on it though, putting on a show with the new IROKS and open front end.
IMG_1441Large.jpg

IMG_1442Large.jpg

IMG_1444Large.jpg

parkbenchbum said:
Hey Rod thanks for the tie rod it got me home with no problems and it was nice meeting you guys, I wish I would have made it on that night run! Looking forward for next time. :wave1:

no problem! it was nice to put one on a different rig then mine for a change. we'll have to hook up again next time we go. was nice to meet you.

dellstopjeep said:
never thought i would say this but impressed with what the pathfinder looks like its running. Anyone know what his specs are?

He joined the board (spolar93) to keep up with the runs.
Front- waggy d44 with leafs, and leaf sliders
rear- stock axle with long arms
36" iroks and a stock drive train

It is a well put together rig, I have put almost as many hours in on it as I have my own rig :laugh:

Chris making his way up, with the trail patrol as an audience.
IMG_1446Large.jpg

Next stop was Waterfall, where we all had a "moment" watching the buggies do laps around it. I will say watching a buggy crawl a 5 foot ledge (not the one pictured) using rear steer is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
IMG_1458Large.jpg

I think I'm going to skip the whole 33's 6" lift phase, and just start out with a T-Fab chassis. :D
IMG_1459Large.jpg

Marc heading up the Waterfall.
IMG_1462Large.jpg

Grant.
IMG_1461Large.jpg

After a good night run on Saturday with no carnage, we decided to leave it that way, and head home early on Sunday.
IMG_1467Large.jpg

I had a good time as usual, but I think it's time to finally step up to 33's. I'm getting really bored with my current setup. Sure I could wheel it harder, but 30's and a budget boost only go so far.

Thanks for another fun trip guys!

Last edited:
moto_ridah said:
He joined the board (spolar93) to keep up with the runs.
Front- waggy d44 with leafs, and leaf sliders
rear- stock axle with long arms
36" iroks and a stock drive train

It is a well put together rig, I have put almost as many hours in on it as I have my own rig :laugh:
haha yeah right you wish, the sas was me tard. although chris is the go to man for gear swaps, he did a majority of the work and brought the brain power the thursday before the run. we only had to run 4 patterns on the front!

85 danna 44 waggy front with stock axles/joints, partial high steer, SOA toy rear/waggy front bastard pack, leaf sliders instead of shackle setup, square dshaft, 4.56 gears, open, 12" travel shocks

Nissan H233b rear axle (for those that dont know, 3rd member setup, ~9.25" ring gear, 31 spl axles, disc brakes), locked, 5.5" early bronco coils, custom long arm 4-link w/ panhard, 16" travel shocks

37x14.00x15 bias iroks @ 10psi f/r that day. they seemed to wrap around well, and didnt lose a bead once

i had a great time runnin with the xjs, i was suprised how far locked front and rear on 33"s could go! :eeks1:

Last edited:
kndrewa said:
nice shot of mojojojojojojojojojo

dustin always provides good photo captions and details, makes for a fun read.

i'd like to head to TSF sometime this fall
Either join in on one of our runs, or let us know and we'll get a trip going. It would be good to wheel with you again, hopefully with less wrench turning though. :D

TORX said:
Either join in on one of our runs, or let us know and we'll get a trip going. It would be good to wheel with you again, hopefully with less wrench turning though. :D

I'm game how about a late August camping trip?

WheelinJR said:
My birthday weekend! :cheers:

So does that mean you are "in"

i took the following week off work to take my ex girlfriend on a drive across the country, since she had never done that.. ..clearly that drive isnt happening anymore.

so i did what anybody woulda done.. ..booked a trip to vegas, solo.
i hear the place is dirty, nasty, and ridiculous.

so i gotta go once.
damn it, ill make it to TSF sooner or later.

kndrewa said:
i took the following week off work to take my ex girlfriend on a drive across the country, since she had never done that.. ..clearly that drive isnt happening anymore.

so i did what anybody woulda done.. ..booked a trip to vegas, solo.
i hear the place is dirty, nasty, and ridiculous.

so i gotta go once.
damn it, ill make it to TSF sooner or later.

have fun, I went for my B-day had a blast. Go to the lower level of the MGM northeast corner (I think) 190proof Octanes :guitar:

Back