• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trip Report: Big Bear Run

Spearfisher XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Switched the XJ out for 2 wheels and did a big bear run with my paps. First time in the dirt on his new KTM 500, and he really enjoyed it. Went from Green Valley to Fawnskin (Forget specific trail #'s), and ate at the little cocktail/breakfast/lunch/dinner place. An order of Chilli cheese fries and jalapeno burger later and we were ready to go. Went to 3N14 to 3N93 to 2N06X to 3N16 into Green Valley Lake where we started from. Very fun day! Some small patches of snow/ice in shaded spots. Lots of water, and a very good time. Old man laid to new bike down a couple of times so now that new bike isn't so new now:wierd::D. Here's a couple shots from the day

Holcomb Creek water crossing--action shot

A couple poser shots outside of GVL

Old man

Myself

That would be Karstic.:wave1:

Glad you and your dad had a good ride.

Sorry I always see the two names and get them mixed up :eek: I'll shoot you a PM when I get back from shipping out and we'll do a trip

I miss my plated xr650r... lol

good ride!

Yeah I love it! Sold my 06 YZ250 2 smoker for this. Funny thing is, the bike is just as capable on everything besides some of the bigger more technical hits. With that being said, I'm happy on either bike, and the plate is a big plus with the 650r.

My ultimate bike? YZ250 frame/suspension/etc, with built CR500 motor, and a plate:lickout::D:D

Sorry I always see the two names and get them mixed up :eek: I'll shoot you a PM when I get back from shipping out and we'll do a trip

Yeah I love it! Sold my 06 YZ250 2 smoker for this. Funny thing is, the bike is just as capable on everything besides some of the bigger more technical hits. With that being said, I'm happy on either bike, and the plate is a big plus with the 650r.

My ultimate bike? YZ250 frame/suspension/etc, with built CR500 motor, and a plate:lickout::D:D

yup that 650r is great, just lacking in brakes and susp, the bigger g outs it bottoms. but a great bike! and the plate is awesome.

Back