• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

to sell or not to sell?

I hate to see you pay for labor, but if you have no other option, so be it.

and to have it roy away in a year, dynomax has gone to crap, a $30 cherrybomb turbo muffler will do the trick and last alot longer, and sorry a ign coil is not somthin id get used

Now see I have had the exact OPPOSITE problem. I have had 2 cherry bombers rot away from the inside and fall apart on the highway in a little less then a year and a half yet the 3 dynomax mufflers we installed have last 2+ years on the first jeep (went to the crusher with muffler still fine) and the second 2 are going over a year now with no rot. Guess it's all just luck then. And what is wrong with trying a used coil? If the yard tells me $20 its a gamble I would take over $180. Just look for an xj that clearly got into an accident. Chances are the coil (or pack in this case) was fine.

Now see I have had the exact OPPOSITE problem. I have had 2 cherry bombers rot away from the inside and fall apart on the highway in a little less then a year and a half yet the 3 dynomax mufflers we installed have last 2+ years on the first jeep (went to the crusher with muffler still fine) and the second 2 are going over a year now with no rot. Guess it's all just luck then. And what is wrong with trying a used coil? If the yard tells me $20 its a gamble I would take over $180. Just look for an xj that clearly got into an accident. Chances are the coil (or pack in this case) was fine.
i was more considering the packs the 00-01's had

And what is wrong with trying a used coil? If the yard tells me $20 its a gamble I would take over $180. Just look for an xj that clearly got into an accident. Chances are the coil (or pack in this case) was fine.
X2, I'll take my odds with that kind of stuff. I can buy 9 $20 JY ones before I break even with a $180 new one, and just carry spares.

You sure its the coil? Hows it run? If you need a new one, RockAuto has a WELLS coil pack for $89! In my opinion, WELLS electronics= better then OEM.

And my grandma can install a cat back exhaust kit.

Back