• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire question

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
im running 32" super swampers right now, but im wondering something...
ive got my old set of 31" mickey thompson-dick cepek FC2s that are pretty much brand new still on the stock rims. which would be a better tire to run out in big bear? the swampers are taller and have a more agressive tread, but the fc2s have somewhat of a sidewall tread and are much lighter, plus i would get a better ride and better mileage on the way out... but what works better out in BB?

you could do BB in both I would think. On 32 at's I ran John Bull and Gold mountain a couple o times.

Hey Mike,

Like Josh said, either will work. I ran 31" Pro Comp A/T's before. I now run Goodyear MT/R's and, well, they have done extremely well so far....

I would say bring it with the 32's, just to get that almost 1 more inch of height... LOL

What trails are you thing of running?

What are your plans with the stock rims and FC II's? You can always sell them and buy more parts for your Jeep....:laugh:

rpraterxj said:
What trails are you thing of running?

What are your plans with the stock rims and FC II's? You can always sell them and buy more parts for your Jeep....:laugh:

i dunno i think i'll just stick to the easy stuff, we'll see when i get out there :D

and on the tires - those are my street tires, i only bought the swampers cause they make the truck look waaaay better lol. the DCs have less than 1000 miles on em. i still cant decide if i want to sell them or not, the swampers just ride soooo horrible on the freeway cause they wont balance right. ugh

GrimmJeeper said:
i dunno i think i'll just stick to the easy stuff, we'll see when i get out there :D

and on the tires - those are my street tires, i only bought the swampers cause they make the truck look waaaay better lol. the DCs have less than 1000 miles on em. i still cant decide if i want to sell them or not, the swampers just ride soooo horrible on the freeway cause they wont balance right. ugh

Since you are driving your rig up, I would probably run the DC's. They will do just fine. hey may even grab the rocks better than the Swampers.

Now for the Swampers, try thte balancing BB's or something internal...

yea im going to try the sandbags the semi truck tires use, maybe that will help out. i think i am going to run the DCs tho, maybe i'll have em swapped onto my black rims. thanks for the input guys, i just figured i probably wont need a mud tire out there :D

-mike

either tire works fine up there I had some 235's in a general at flavor for years up there and did most of the fun stuff. and 31's I basicly did the rest but then again I always seem to take the easy line even when I try not to.

If your more comfortable on one set then use those you wont be dealing with a mud bog up there

I would run the DT's up there. You'll be fighting the TSL's the whole way up the mountain and since you don't have armor it's not like you're going to be getting into anything that NEEDS the bigger tires, dig?

Back