• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This year's trip to Colorado

Lilian

NAXJA Forum User
First things first - I can't believe it's only been 5 years since I got hooked on the "Jeep Thing". :D (Summer 2006, still in the 2WD)

This year we had another week of fun wheeling with an added bonus of only very minimal trail damage, but it was over way too quickly. I'm already looking forward to going again in 2011, hopefully a little earlier in the year to see more wildflowers.

Pics are pretty much scenic only, so don't click if that kinda stuff bores you. ;)
http://www.mordanna.com/photos/viewer.php?albid=197&stage=2

Oh I can't wait to go back.

Yes, it's beautiful, I love it. In the summer. :D I wouldn't want to deal with the winters anymore, 10 years after moving to So Cal from Germany I'm pretty spoiled that way.

Anyone want to come along next year, camp out in Eureka and hit a few trails?

Yes, it's beautiful, I love it. In the summer. :D I wouldn't want to deal with the winters anymore, 10 years after moving to So Cal from Germany I'm pretty spoiled that way.

Anyone want to come along next year, camp out in Eureka and hit a few trails?
Where did you live in Germany? I lived in Hanau for 3 years.

Jeeperjohn, I lived in many different places - near Munich, Stuttgart, Hannover, Kassel. The last 14 years before I moved, I lived in Göppingen, where my parents own a hotel. Used to do a lot of business with the military and I had lots of American friends as a kid whose parents were stationed at Cooke Barracks. :)

I'm familiar with Hanau, used to stay at a horse ranch near there for summer vacation as a kid a couple years and often toured the Spessart and Taunus hiking and cross country skiing. :)

Lilian,

Are you and Patrick going to make it to this years October event in Moab??
Did the trails in Telluride, Silverton, Ouray, and Lake City back in 1999.
Gorgeous scenery and wonderful pictures of Colorado.

Charles

Jeeperjohn, I lived in many different places - near Munich, Stuttgart, Hannover, Kassel. The last 14 years before I moved, I lived in Göppingen, where my parents own a hotel. Used to do a lot of business with the military and I had lots of American friends as a kid whose parents were stationed at Cooke Barracks. :)

I'm familiar with Hanau, used to stay at a horse ranch near there for summer vacation as a kid a couple years and often toured the Spessart and Taunus hiking and cross country skiing. :)
That's very cool. While I was there I was one of the founding members of the Wild Ponies Mustang club.

Are you and Patrick going to make it to this years October event in Moab??

Unfortunately it's not going to work out this year. :(

We want to go to NZ for a couple weeks in December, so no more road trips until then, other than some local stuff.

Back