• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"This whole XJ thing is getting out of hand" Said the GF. When is it too much XJ?

Re: "This whole XJ thing is getting out of hand" Said the GF. When is it too much XJ?

I've been married almost 37 years to the same woman. Women are jealous of anything that takes your time and money. Balance between the two is the answer.

Re: "This whole XJ thing is getting out of hand" Said the GF. When is it too much XJ?

For some reason my wife has been really cool with the whole "Jeep thing" so far. Usually I have to fight tooth and nail for a new project, but this time she just said "go get it if you want it". She's actually looking forward to going out wheeling and camping this summer.

Maybe I've worn her down after 17 years. Hopefully her enthusiasm for the project continues.

Take the XJ for off-roading on Monday and stop on the trail for a picnic/bbq, that way you combine the 3 best things (food, girls, and off-roading).

Plays For Jeeps said:
DSCF0482.jpg

IMG00122.jpg

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

What the hell did you ask about? I forgot.

^Only problem is, she doesn't really like the ride quality of the Jeep. It makes her sick or something lol.

I dont get it. She likes the motorcycles but doesn't like the Jeep.

The only think Jeep I can get her to like is the Jeep wave which really doesn't even apply to the XJ's. I havent had the heart to tell her that though.

If you see a 5'10" brunette with her arm out of the window up to the shoulderwaving at you in a blue XJ, please wave. It'll make her happy lol.

Her waving "style" is a whole other thread in itself lol.

cherokee89 said:
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

What the hell did you ask about? I forgot.

lol and thats after having a son. Who by the way, can be calmed down if you promise him a ride in the Jeep. :dunno:

spudly said:
For some reason my wife has been really cool with the whole "Jeep thing" so far. Usually I have to fight tooth and nail for a new project, but this time she just said "go get it if you want it". She's actually looking forward to going out wheeling and camping this summer.

Maybe I've worn her down after 17 years. Hopefully her enthusiasm for the project continues.

At any point in these conversations (where she seems to go along with it), did she state that this was "fine"?

If she says it's "fine", it really isn't. It's woman-code for "If you do this you are gonna pay for it, big-time."

:D

XJPhoenix said:
At any point in these conversations (where she seems to go along with it), did she state that this was "fine"?

If she says it's "fine", it really isn't. It's woman-code for "If you do this you are gonna pay for it, big-time."

:D

X2 And "Do whatever you want" is code for get an attorney!!!!:spin1:

now the plot might thicken if your a new father and you leave her home with the baby all the time.

Am I the only one that gets the comment "you love your jeep more than you love me...."? I do my best to take care of the GF, but she gets pretty jealous of the jeep at times. But the thing is I have gone through more GFs than I have jeeps (the jeep has never let me down nor dissappointed me.) Correction now the plot thickens...

"I've got a fever, and the only cure is more XJ..."

"V8 powered Mazdas, 71 Road Runners, 74 Honda Cafe racers, and turbo 98 Acura Integras "

well even a dumb girl could tell you were into motorsports and were a gear head. She should expect you to have a motorhome when your old, a dirt bike, quad, speed boat etc. if you can afford it. You got a jeep and it surprises her you like it and have fun with it ? I dont buy that for a second.

Dont go to the junkyard on anniversry .... its only one day. The crap you want isnt likely to show up and disappear the one day you miss the pick n pull. She will remember for years you cared more about an over head consule and junk tire carrier, and remind you of it.

She is cute ... good job. Be careful with single moms (unless your the babys father then disregard)

Plays For Jeeps said:
lol and thats after having a son. Who by the way, can be calmed down if you promise him a ride in the Jeep. :dunno:
That right there is called "saving grace", count your blessing. Single moms do face a bit of disappointment. Hopefully you don't turn out to be one of the toads she kissed on the way to finding her prince.

Plays For Jeeps said:
How do you guys know when you're getting out of hand?
When you wake up in the Jeep and she is not there, you might have overstepped one of those boundry-thingys.

FWIW, my wife calls everything with wheels and an engine "the other woman". That includes her XJ.

People that get car sick only do so when someone else is driving. When she drives it, I'm sure she doesn't get sick. It's not the Jeep... it's your driving style.

RichP said:
Yea, thats starting to work, wifes been using my XJ while getting stuff done on her oldsmobile. She likes the height and said when she's in the olds she feels a bit low. Been looking for a red ZJ or XJ 4.0L with gray interior but have not found a decent one yet...

When I got my XJ in '03 I had a Shadow ES Turbo with a bad motor (my tardedness, I'm not too ashamed to admit it) The president of the local SDAC chapter who took it off my hands was going to swap in a motor he had laying around so he could drive it while doing some maintenence (lube changes, buffler, shocks, etc) on his wife's '97 XJ. Seems that after putting some miles on the her XJ she liked the extra altitude over conventional cars so he was going to let her use his lightly modified 5.2l Dak while he had the XJ out of commission.

Wonder how many of these suggestions work with boyfriends, My sister can't get her fiance out of Phord products.........

Do stupid "chick" stuff with her on Monday, go to JY Tues.

After seeing her pics, it's going to be tough to see her go...but if she gets that "it's me or the Jeep" thing going...well she's gotta go.

91G-Dub said:
Do stupid "chick" stuff with her on Monday, go to JY Tues.

After seeing her pics, it's going to be tough to see her go...but if she gets that "it's me or the Jeep" thing going...well she's gotta go.

I think you need to weigh which one means more to you. If shes worth it to you cut back on the jeep a little. I probably wouldn't spend so much time on the Jeep if I wasn't single

Lol I would never choose the Jeep over her. Im just saying, Its not like I would sleep at the Junkyard tonight and be at the JY when the gates open and stay till 6.

I have since made reservations at the Jersey Shore for super cheap since its so cold. I called her off of work tuesday and I was going to take her on a surprise road trip to the shore.

In the Jeep lol. I swear, if the XJ didnt have a CB she wouldnt get in it. She loves getting the truckers worked up talking about werid stuff like "Rubbing her body with mustard at the local truck stop."

ewww

Plays For Jeeps said:
She loves getting the truckers worked up talking about werid stuff like "Rubbing her body with mustard at the local truck stop."

ewww

lol my wife does the same thing, its hilarious

JNickel101 said:
"I've got a fever, and the only cure is more XJ..."

i cant stop laughing at this one hahahaha thats my favorite SNL skit:roflmao:

Back