• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things you would change on your XJ?

ok i would have made it sit about an inch and a half to two inches taller put more effort and engineering into the 4.0 to get more than 190 horsepower cuz i mean them asian boys seem to get more power than that outta a smaller 6 cylinder so i think we could get some more outta the 4.0 and then and another inch to 2 inches to the overall length in the area of the back passenger doors so people will quit complaining when they get in and out, cupholders in the back seat and finally i would have offered a rubicon package with the lockers, dana 44 axles, lower gears, 4:1 transeferecase, and with it some more off-road worthy bumpers and some rocker gaurds. but thats just me.

oh and one more thing I WOULDNT HAVE REPLACED IT WITH SUCH A PATHETIC WIMPY PANSY ASS GIRLY VEHICLE LIKE THE LIBERTY THAT DOESNT EVEN DESIRE THE TITLE OF JEEP

i agree completly with the liberty thing... but if people complain about no room in the back tell them to buy a bicycle or shut the $#%* up.

cupholders is true, ones like in the zj would be nice. a rubicon package would also be sweet... but like said before you could always make your own rubiconpackage then steal some badges off a wrangler hahaha.

i agree with trying to get some more power out of the 4.0 too. my girlfriend just got an 05 neon with the 2.0 4cyl and owners man specs for that say 180 something HP...thats kinds bs.

man hubs
hp 44front 60 rear (like the J 20 had)
dana 300 twin stick 4 to 1
manual trans with a deep 1st gear 5:1 or deeper
a little bit beefer frame rails
230hp 300 ftlbs 4.0L engine
altinator up top

How bout some more sensors upstream from the all important sensors to tell us when the down sream sensors are bad. Then of course we would need some upstream from those to keep an eye on them.
HOW DID all those jeeps in the 40's win the war without those sensors to help the mechanics find the problem. HOW WERE those engines able to run without sensors. GEEeees

i was reading about in this thread that some one did not like the "uni-body" i remember hearing on a tv show about the jeep. that there was a weight issue with gas milage. insted of using the heavy truck frame the went with the lighter uni-body frame.

I would like a tailgate like the S10 Blazers. A tailgate that folds down and a window that lifts up.

frame on body construction
44's front and rear
rear discs
A good ventilation system
switches that don't burn out in less than a year
coil springs on all four corners
slightly larger wheel wells
manual hubs, optional auto hubs for the lazy people
bring back the comanche

I agree with most all the things listed here, but I have two pet peeves I don't see mentioned:

1. More headroom. At least a couple of inches.

2. Either all Metric or all SAE fasteners, not mixed! Try counting how many sizes of wrenches and sockets it takes just to get to your timing chain. It's ridiculous!

the spare tire, a full size would be nice a donut is fine for a yuppie who's jeep never even had the 4wd engaged but what good is it gonna do me on the trail ( i've already got rid of it)

99XJSPORT06 said:
Started in 2000 if i recall correctly...

I believe it was prior to that - friend of mine has an '89 Limited with full-size spare. Option Sheet lists it as factory, from what I remember.

casm said:
I believe it was prior to that - friend of mine has an '89 Limited with full-size spare. Option Sheet lists it as factory, from what I remember.

Interesting.....I wonder why the majority have the donut...but some have a full size? Pretty stupid that you had to UPGRADE to that.....

Back