• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

**The official "this guys crazy for what he wants" on CL**

dick.breakey

NAXJA Forum User

Ill start this one off. We have this thread on another forum and It a gold mine of laughs. Try and copy and paste like im doing as the links expire or some cant see from work.

1997 Jeep Cherokee - $3900 (Shoreline)

Date: 2011-08-12, 6:14PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

1997 Jeep Cherokee
4.0L Inline 6
5 Speed Manual Transition
4x4

This Jeep has been my daily driver for the last year, and has never needed anything more than regular maintenance. It runs great with 220k miles. Overall the body and interior are in good shape.

$3900 obo

Call, Text or Email
Tim
805-427-3144

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3n63k33lf5W25U25X1b8c97501725353414be.jpg
3nb3p83ld5W45U35R5b8cccc1166810e11d3b.jpg

PostingID: 2544126118

He's a little steep with the mileage.. But if it runs good with minimal problems.. It's with 3ish here

really?? i was thinking 1800 tops. probably needs tires. has a dent in the fender. id pay 3k for something under 120k miles and power options. not this kinda bare bones rig.

An 89 with 220k and problems goes for $1800 here.. Different areas prove different prices I guess... I have always wondered why west coast cars have better resale?

Who moved this to the NWC?????.

im pretty taken back by that. guess ill just have to budget a little different for my new base.

and noone moved it. I have been poking around and asking questions cause im about 99% sure im moving up in february and came across this post and wanted to share.

im pretty taken back by that. guess ill just have to budget a little different for my new base.

and noone moved it. I have been poking around and asking questions cause im about 99% sure im moving up in february and came across this post and wanted to share.

Gotcha!

Yeah, prices tend to roller coaster slot up here..

That seems pretty steep, maybe he's setting himself up for buyers talking him down? I bought my 92 Cherokee in 02 with only 80K. The jeep was in absolute perfect condition minus a few dents on the bumpers and oil leaks. I paid $4500.

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/pts/2554217087.html

Jeep Cherokee Axle's - $300 (North Plains)

Date: 2011-08-18, 4:58PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Selling A Dana 30 High pinion, and a Chrysler 8.8inch rear end out of a 1998 Jeep Cherokee. asking $300 obo Call no text's 503 750 6935

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2554217087

hey look Chrysler made a 8.8 in 1998

that thing had to be worth more

Wow....

He says

"OK, first off, yes I know this is a high price for a 1994 Jeep Cherokee, but I have over THREE TIMES the asking price in it and it's REALLY clean."

So he's 30,000 in to his stroker? Sounds like he got stroked... And not in a good way!

Wouldn't you guys like to see the price of XJ's going up, not down? Sure your donor vehicles will cost a bit more, but there is currently at least one long time NAXJA member struggling to get 9g for his super sweet rig. If the costs across the board were going up, you would all benefit when selling. You could still trade amongst yourselves for lower rates but then when selling to the general public you would benefit?

Additionally maybe the guy in the OP's first scenario wrote that ad after getting home from the market without enough money to buy his kids food. Maybe his wife is on dialysis and their insurance got canceled. Maybe he just opened the invoice from the retirement community where is mom is and the bill is more than his monthly paycheck.

Two sides to every story.

I don't ever plan on selling my Jeep, so I don't care what its worth! And not to be mean, but just because your on hard times, doesnt mean you have the right to sell your stuff for more money. Thats usually when people sell stuff for cheap, because they need the money now.

Wouldn't you guys like to see the price of XJ's going up, not down? Sure your donor vehicles will cost a bit more, but there is currently at least one long time NAXJA member struggling to get 9g for his super sweet rig. If the costs across the board were going up, you would all benefit when selling. You could still trade amongst yourselves for lower rates but then when selling to the general public you would benefit?

Additionally maybe the guy in the OP's first scenario wrote that ad after getting home from the market without enough money to buy his kids food. Maybe his wife is on dialysis and their insurance got canceled. Maybe he just opened the invoice from the retirement community where is mom is and the bill is more than his monthly paycheck.

Alright buddy, your hired!

I want 16k for my ZJ.. You get 10%

Maybe but obviously he is nuttier than squirrel Shit! Everyone knows that you never get back what you put in bottom line from the looks of the jeep there is not a chance in hell he has thirty grand in his xj...

Back