• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The new BFG tire

Evil88 said:
Great lookin tire. But WTF, those sizes suck!

Thoses sizes are what's currently more popular /w the fullsize truck crowd and their + size rims. I may actually have to look at putting a set of 35's back on my CTD if the pricing is right on thes.

J

Avanteone said:
Thoses sizes are what's currently more popular /w the fullsize truck crowd and their + size rims. I may actually have to look at putting a set of 35's back on my CTD if the pricing is right on thes.

J

Guess I need to buy those Bling ass 20's and throw a 12inch IFS lift on my GMC If I want those. Then I would be Cool.:doh:

mud1059 said:
While you're at it, do a straight axle swap. and you won't need a lift.

That was actually sarcasm. Which im not very good at showing through the keyboard.
We all know IFS sucks fruity pebbles.

Evil88 said:
That was actually sarcasm. Which im not very good at showing through the keyboard.
We all know IFS sucks fruity pebbles.

IFS actually is wonderful. Why do you think almost every vehicle in production has gone that way? What I suspect you meant is that it sucks for lifted off road trucks;) Actually, even in many lifted off road applications it has it's advantages:D but I think we all get the point.

Paul Have you done a SFA swap on your tow rig? Have you considered it?

Michael

I'm considering it now. Josh and I did one on his yota. Since I only have a 1/2 ton I'm debating going through all the work to make it beefier (springs, gears, and frontend) or just cleaning it up a bit and selling it for a 3/4 ton upgrade. I agree IFS is the way to go if it stays on pavement, I'm hesitant to go either route. That and I need 2 D44 front ends with a driver side drop so I can knock out both conversions at the same time. :) We'll see. I'd like to get it running in the next two weeks. I'm jonesing to get some wheeling in.

mud1059 said:
I'm considering it now. Josh and I did one on his yota. Since I only have a 1/2 ton I'm debating going through all the work to make it beefier (springs, gears, and frontend) or just cleaning it up a bit and selling it for a 3/4 ton upgrade. I agree IFS is the way to go if it stays on pavement, I'm hesitant to go either route. QUOTE]

I was just curious, I have been going back and forth on this as well for my wife's 1/2 ton Sub. I think that it makes more sense to do the SFA on it if I do end up lifting it more, but still not exactly shure if or how I will end up doing it.

Michael

Since they look a lot like a crawler does anyone know how well a crawler does in the snow? One of the big reasons I've been wanting the Iroc is because of how well it does in the white stuff.

Also I'm assuming this is a Radial tire, but does anyone know for sure?

I'm just glad they included the 42x14.50R20/C size so I can run it on the Samuri I'm getting.

Acutally, I wish they had a 22.5" size so I could run semi truck wheels on it. I guess I'll settle for 20s.

Ackattack said:
I'm just glad they included the 42x14.50R20/C size so I can run it on the Samuri I'm getting.

Acutally, I wish they had a 22.5" size so I could run semi truck wheels on it. I guess I'll settle for 20s.

There isn't a size on that list I would actually want to run. The closest is the LT285/70R17/D which would work on my new Dodge Ram, but it's only load "D", I need "E". If they come out with something in the 33x12.5 or 35x12.5 range on a 15" rim I would consider them for my XJ, but only if they don't suck in the snow, and are bias ply.

FiFo said:
If they come out with something in the 33x12.5 or 35x12.5 range on a 15" rim I would consider them for my XJ, but only if they don't suck in the snow, and are bias ply.

The other sizes (31-35's, 15" rims, etc) will be out in the spring. They will obviously ALL be radials as they are replacing the current Mud Terrain radial.

As far as Krawlers in the snow, mine work great, especially aired down to 3-4psi. When we were up in Little Naches playing on the logging roads, I was passing people in the ditch...until the snow got up to my door handles :) haha

1e73608d.jpg

And FYI, the RED label Krawlers (comp. compound) SUCK in the snow. The super soft rubber is so porous, it basically fills /w water and freezes... all of my experience has been /w blue label (DOT compound) Krawlers.

J

Only problem then is that there radial, I've cracked the sidewalls on some of my radial TSLs because I drive around on them so much at 10 PSI or lower. The sidewall just isn't strong enough which is why I was planning on going bias ply. May be some of you should test these out for me so I can see if they will take the abuse.

FiFo said:
Only problem then is that there radial, I've cracked the sidewalls on some of my radial TSLs because I drive around on them so much at 10 PSI or lower. The sidewall just isn't strong enough which is why I was planning on going bias ply. May be some of you should test these out for me so I can see if they will take the abuse.

Sounds like you would want Krawlers, not Mud Terrains. Mine are frequently (read always when offroad) run below 10psi /w ZERO issues.

J

Avanteone said:
Sounds like you would want Krawlers, not Mud Terrains. Mine are frequently (read always when offroad) run below 10psi /w ZERO issues.

J

Ya probably, there just a little on the pricie side though. I've been leaning towards the 36x13.5 IROC from a price/performance stand point. I can get those for under $200 per tire.

FiFo said:
Ya probably, there just a little on the pricie side though. I've been leaning towards the 36x13.5 IROC from a price/performance stand point. I can get those for under $200 per tire.

Yeah... that is the one and ONLY downfall to the Krawler, they're $$$

To all those who have these tires:
How are they wearing and how many miles do you have on them? I will be lookin at the 35x12.50x15 when they come out later this year. The only time I really drive my xj is to and from the trails and most of the time it is 200+ miles each way so I would like a tire that has a little better road manners than my LTBs and that last longer. Thank you. -Nick

Back