• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Jeep Wheels Guide:

The 10 hole XJ rims have a variation that doesn't have the fake bead lock bolts on it. I believe that was on the 91ish sports.

I had those on my '92. The build sheet called it a Sport, but it had no graphics on it.

I had to stop using them a few years ago, as the surface where the back of the wheel mates to the hub or drum was all corroded and flaky, and they wouldn't torque down nice. Machining them, like Wheel Collision or one of those places does would have cost a fortune, so I've ended up with a variety of wheels. Currently it's wearing the lace wheels from my '96 Country (which I stripped, polished, and clearcoated), and the Country has the '93-'95 ZJ Limited teardrop/snowflakes that my son scored on e-bay.

Man, you know whats stupid? I came across a medium shade ecco at the junkyard today(which they wanted $35 for, about $15 too much for me) and was thinking "ya thats the medium shade ecco" without ever thinking about taking a picture of the thing THAT WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!

Durr.
Man, you're lucky. Around here it's 50 bucks for alloy wheels at the yard usually, sometimes more. They're worth 25 or so in scrap alone apparently.

The 10 hole XJ rims have a variation that doesn't have the fake bead lock bolts on it. I believe that was on the 91ish sports.

Did the KK go "back" to a 5x4.5" bolt pattern after all the other Jeeps switched to it ?
My 91 MJ (Eliminator, bucket seats, slide window, RWD, automatic, 4.0L, SWB, tilt column, full console, dana 35 out back) came with 10 hole rims with the fake bead lock bolts. They actually look more like rivets to me. I can take some pics for you, but they are pretty crusty/corroded from salt. I ended up putting ZJ Canyons on it.

You can tell ZJ and TJ Canyons apart a few ways - the color of the insets (ZJ dark, TJ light), the shape (ZJ ones are a lot more rounded and not as deep from rim to apex, TJ ones are more boxy and deeper), and profile (ZJ are nearly flat across the center, while TJ wheels are more domed.)

Back