• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The crazy adventures of high schoolers

Bill

NAXJA Forum User
I was laughing about my wheeling adventures recently. I got to a somewhat private school so we have uniforms, but every day after school everyone piles into ou xjs and we go offroading. Its hilarious because we'll be doing spotting for each other in nice shoes and pants and polo shirts and come home covered in mud its classic. You would think we would learn but nope. One of my friends got stuck and we had to wade through 3 feet of water to push him out. I'm hooked now. WHOHOO and the money pit begins?

Oh damn the rest of my message got cut off...there actually was a tech question at the end of my post i guess when i copied and pasted it i screwed up sorry..what I wanted to ask was i want to put on a skyjacker 3 inch lift..any ideas on how long it will take...myself and a mechanic are going to be doing it so there is a fair amount of mechanical knowledge going into this...

For two people doing work(meaning two people actually working, not one working, one pointing and laughing), assuming no MAJOR hangups, you could probably get it done in 4-5 hours if you're familiar with the XJ already. If you're not familiar, you run into a few snags like we all do, and there's some pointing and laughing going on I'd say 8-12 hours for a complete kit. I did my last lift(done 4 thus far) in 6 hours from start to finish, and that involved full replacement of the rear springs, new control arms, and I was working by myself.

Essentially........it depends :D Good luck, and make sure you soak down the leaf spring, upper rear shock, and control arm bolts with PB Blaster for days ahead of time so they don't break off on you and cause you lots of headaches.

Ary

Edit for speeling

I agree, funny story.

I also agree with Ary, putting in a lift isnt as hard as everyone thinks, its like a 3d math problem, theres a right way and a wrong way, take the old one out, put the new one in :D

but, id check some other companies before settling on $kyjacker...theyre an allright lift, but too much dough, check out Rubicon Express's 3.5" kit, its a real good kit and moderatley priced (compared to $kyjacker)

Its hilarious because we'll be doing spotting for each other in nice shoes and pants and polo shirts and come home covered in mud its classic. You would think we would learn but nope. One of my friends got stuck and we had to wade through 3 feet of water to push him out.
I bet your mom thinks it's hilarious.

RR3

If you post where you are at you may get some help to put the lift on. That also helps if you run into problems, they may have any easy solution to prblems. I did my lift in phases. I did the back by myself then my help showed up to do the front. Then I decided to go bigger again had the back done and most of the front before my help showed up. Needless to say make sure your help is dependable. FWIW HTH Doug in Eastern NC

Back