• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Temp spike solution question (yes I've searched)

vn_grnt

NAXJA Forum User
Thanks in advance (unless you're flaming me).
Today my 2001 XJ did that strange "temp spike & back to normal" thing that others have experienced while I was sitting in traffic....on a hill.....in Haiti.
I've searched the forums and read a lot about it so I'm pretty well versed on what I want to do, (no leaks):
1. New radiator cap
2. New Stant Super Stat Premium 195 deg thermostat
3. (this is the question I need answered), will the HD 272310 clutch fan fit on my 2001? I see it prescribed in the forums for earlier years, but need to know if it'll fit mine. (although my clutch fan and electric fan appear to be working).

Since I am assigned here (Haiti), and there aren't really reputable parts stores with brand name parts anywhere, I need to take advantage of a friend from the Embassy going back to Miami for the weekend and bring these parts back to me, or wait weeks for them to be shipped in.
My email is [email protected].

And BTW, if any of my Haitian friends out there on this site take exception to my statement that there aren't any "reputable" parts stores; I just want to say in advance.........one of the local places wanted $250 US Dollars for two universal joints............just saying....

Thanks a wholeeeeeeeee....lot to anyone who answers via email or post about the HD clutch fan question.
EC

I show the same fan clutch from Renix throughout the 2001 model year, so I'd say it's a "go."

save some $$$ and have your friend pick it up state side.

Yeah, just make sure your friend gets it from NAPA--if they take that part number to any other store they will "cross reference" it and give them the standard fan clutch.

I had similar problems with temp spiking. I went to a 3 core radiator, high flow pump & thermastat and still had the problem. However, since I changed the relay for the electric cooling fan it has not occured. Keeping fingers crossed, but it's been almost six months. You'll find the relay located in the fuse box. For $15 it's worth a try. Good luck! Vaya con Dios

Back