• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tellico 8/26-29

BIGWOODY

NAXJA Forum User
Taking the MJ to Uwharrie next weekend to test, if all goes well(it should), I'll be leaving for Tellico on Thursday the 26th until Sunday. Couple of local buddies going with me(cab truck 427/tons/42's and a TJ stretched/350/38's) I'm sure if we don't have any major breakage we'll be riding everything, we're up for riding with whoever.Staying at Crawfords and I get to try out my new Dulley 7.3 banks sidewinder turbo, 4" exhaust and transcommand. Hope to see some of yall there.

Hey BW we will be at the outpost around 9 or 10 next Sat. We should ride together. I'm going to be testing on the XJ too. Me and a couple of CJ-8's. We usually talk on channel 8.

Hey Bigwoody

I should be there with 80 J10. in my XJ, Just need to make sure my Rockrails are here in time to install and put in the Front locker.

Don't know how much I am going to do..I am still worried about the rear 35 breaking. I'll bring a couple of shafts and test my luck I guess.

See ya There

tested my junk out at Uwharrie, it did fine, no problems. So we will difinately be going to Tellico 8/26-8/29 hope to see some of you there...

80 J10 said:
Peace Valley Campground
nice meeting you guys, sorry we didn't get a chance to ride with ya.Hope your trip went well. The new rig did great, we rode gaurdrail, helicopter pad, lower and upper 2, and even conquered the middle line up slick rock...no winches or repairs needed on my rig anyway. I'll try to get some pics together.

Hows lower 2 last time it wasnt all that hard, any winching?

BIG98XJ said:
Hows lower 2 last time it wasnt all that hard, any winching?
the TJ winched b/c he broke his drive shaft. I ran the trail from start to finish in less than 15 minutes, no winching. The hybrid did about the same. No, it wasn't very difficult, but it really hasn't been the last several times I've been. I want to go back to windrock and run the rattlerock trail, it makes lower 2 look like a dirt road, but I heard some of the trails are closed this month due to windmill installation.

Good deal, yeh I heard Rattlerock is closed, not sure for how long though, btw your heep is looking mean :scottm:

jeepmj_tj said:
do you have any of that video on a computer or the net.
I can build a jeep, buggy , or race car, but I can't even post pics on this website.I have to use the "idiot" friendly sites to post my pics, we have some really good video of us on gaurdrail , the pad ,lower2 and slickrock but I'm not skilled enough with the computer to even begin to figure out how to post a video somewhere.But I'd be happy to send a copy to someone who could :compwork:

Back