• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tail Lights?!

What?what?

NAXJA Forum User
My tails lights aren't working! The brake lights are working along with the reverse and turning signals....I have made sure all the fuses to go along with it are good. So i need help on waht might be the problem.

Well, power or ground. Do you have both at the sockets?

BTW--what year?

What?What? is my little bro, and he just replaced the headlight switch with a new one, but still no parking/running lights at either 'click one' or 'click two' on the headlight switch.

Strangely enough, if he holds it between clicks one and two the parking lights come on, but if he is at click one or two they're off. The headlights also work on click 2 as they're supposed to. This is a brand new headlight switch. Is there some adjustment you can make to modify where the clicks are on it or does anyone have any advice? What could make them go on only between clicks?

OK, new development:

Pulling the headlight switch half a click out and holding it there, we get parking lights and gauge lights. At one full click, where we're supposed to get parking/gauge lights, we get nothing. Holding it at one and a half clicks we again get parking/gauge lights, but then at 2 clicks we're back to no parking/gauge lights, but do have headlights, brakelights, and signals like normal.

What could be the problem??? Anyone?

Happened to me, too. Bad headlight switch, replaced with two Crown switches that were both bad straight out of their boxes. Found a 'used' OEM headlight switch and swapped it. Worked like a champ. That 'halfway' thing is exactly what was going on.

Back