• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T.H.O.R. VS Spectre

I have been very happy with my spectre intake .
Not only do I not mind the noise but I love the sound when I jump on the throttle .

I went through a few deep puddles at Winterfest And have never felt so safe doing water crossings .

We get alot of rain at times as well and Recently we have had torrential downpours that have caused flooding in my area and the large amount of water didnt cause any issues while driving The cowl must drain very quickly .
Iirc the drains are on both sides like 1/2" wide drain holes .
The intake is maybe 3" off of the cowl floor .

When it was stock I had a few instances of the brief wave over the hood and one time it was under for a few full seconds with no problems .

I also extended the breathers for the transfer case , transmission , and axles .
Then I used dielectric grease on all my electrical stuff .

Really though I try and avoid water like the plague but sometimes its between me and where I want to go so after checking the depth I go.
There is really no need to go deeper than bottom to middle of the doors.
I.m.o.

Anyone running this around 1991 XJ time frame? What did you guys do with the second air hose? Not the crank ventilation be the one that runs behind along the firewall?

Thanks for the input, Ill probably go with the Spectre then. I may open up the rain holes a little or even make another one just error of the side of caution! Are there anyother filters availabe besides the K&N....I've not a huge fan of theres because of the oil on the filter?????

The 'oil on the filter' will help shed water and not soak up if briefly submerged. I'm running a home brew cowel intake and have had water over the hood on multiple occassions with no issues. The factory drain holes work very well as longed as they are free of leaves and dirt.

Back