• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sye/ds?

planoxj said:
ok...some plans fell through and looks like i am gunna have to do it the cheap way. i am thinking the PORC SYE and stock front xj shaft and see if it works. will the front DS bolt right up to the SYE (and to the rear?), or will i need some adapter...will this still be considered a CV shaft or no? thanks guys

The yokes are both 1310 on the pinion and t-case so they will bolt right up if it is long enough.

First make sure it will even be long enough.

Measure from yoke center to yoke center and if it's close to 33" then you're golden.

Also, this will be what most consider a CV driveshaft. However, what most people know as a CV driveshaft is in fact not, rather a dual cardan (near constant velocity) joint. I know it's picky but just so you know.

hey thanks for your help man...so your saying to measure yoke to yoke after i lift right...if its too short could i drive the jeep in 4wd w/o rear shaft temorarily?

Yes, measure yoke to yoke in a straight line after you lift, and after you install the sye.

Mine was 33" but I don't have any idea how much shorter the pinion is on the D35.

Yeah, you can drive like that if you need to.

ok appreciate the help man...ill post with updates after i do it for people who will need to info! James

planoxj said:
ok appreciate the help man...ill post with updates after i do it for people who will need to info! James

PLEASE DO POST about how it turns out. I know of several others with D35's who are interested in doing the exact same thing. We really appreciate the comments when you are done.

Thanks,
Michael

xytrix01 said:
Anyone try this setup with the dana 44 in the rear? Would that work out you think?

I have seen it work fine at 4.5" lift.

Back